.....ooooops! I meant Bowlingbun not Honeybun - apologies :cheer:
Hi Honeybun & fellow members! I have sent the Mental impairment letter off to our Council for Tax exemption & am awaiting a decision, Mum has a slightly higher state pension as I think a bit of my late fathers pension was added to it, she receives a small monthly amount from my fathers private works...
Thanyou all so much for yoyr replies - Iam not getting any notifications that anybody has replied so please bear with me...I ask about severe mental impairment as it says on Carers Allowance form that she may no longer qualify for it? (Mum does not live with me) and I have just applied for it for Mu...
P.s......she only Attendance Allowance
Hi Bowlingbun, thankyou for your reply - Mum was diagnosed in January & was awarded AA 2 wks ago, I’m 58 and was told that if I claimed Carers allowance that they give to me with 1 hand & take away from my Mum with the other. I have just applied for the severe mental impairment for Council tax but h...
Hello fellow carers, my lovely Mum has now been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s & has been awarded Attendance Allowance - is it true that if I apply for Carers Allowance they will deduct it from her allowance? I do not work as I care for Mum and look after my Grandchildren while my Daughter works - Thank...