@jenny She’s never explained properly why she doesn’t talk on the phone. She goes into a complete panic mode if she has to. I tried videocalling her when I was out to try and get her used to the concept of videocalling, but that actually made things worse. . . She can text, and I know she tried apps...
Currently in Northumberland, but looking at moving to Aberdeenshire soon... Telephone therapy is not possible as anxiety stops her answering the phone. We know she needs long term help. The longest she ever had support was 1 year, she was getting somewhere but on the 1 year anniversary they dropped ...
Jenny, completely agree, but at that time she wasn’t in a right state of mind. The day she turned 18 (she was awarded it before then, but couldnt do anything to it) she went to the bank and closed the account thereby withdrawing all the money and just gave it all away ... She has since said that she...
londonbound She already received compensation 22 year ago, at the time she gave it away because she didn’t want “his money” as it made her feel like a prostitute ... I don’t think she could get it twice She had a wee bit of counselling when she was 17, but the day she turned 18 they just dropped her...
I’ve managed to get a GP appointment for the 14th and a carers appointment the week before that.

So hopefully will have some answers.

Thank you bowlingbun and Jenny Lucas for being supportive ...

It’s very much appreciated
Jenny Lucas. A few suicide attempts ago I was close to leaving and she told me then that I would have to take the kids as she isn’t able to look after them (physically and mentally) I’m sure she’s aware of my feelings, but it’s a conversation I’m scared of having as I fear she’ll attempt suicide aga...
Thanks Bowlingbun.

It’s not a decision that came lightly. . .

But I just can’t do it anymore.

Where do I ask for counselling?

Do I contact my GP (i still haven’t had a care assessment even after asking in March, so don’t have a coordinator) ?

I just don’t know what to do next.
Sorry for the late reply, But I’ve been soul searching and came to a few realisations and kinda want your help in how to go forward... Caring for my wife is bad for my health... it’s actually to the point that I’m seriously considering leaving her... The only reason I’m still with her is the kids (w...
Yes, it's a shame that when we carers are trying so hard to do our best, we get so little support ourselves. However, the more help we get, the longer we can care, so it actually makes good economic sense, long term. Very true, just wish that the people higher up realised this You're more than welc...
Quick update i've got an email from my local carers branch with a number to call for a care manager and an assessment... i think it's time i pick a time and tell my wife that i need to make the call and try and get respite... it didn't go very well last time, so wish me luck... Thanks a lot Bowlingb...