I'll wait until I actually start.

Just trying to work out whether my first wages will take it over the threshold (I'll only be earning £78.30 a week but it's monthly pay and it looks likely that I won't get paid until Christmas)
Hi Me again I have just been offered a job. This one is only 10 hours and is minimum wage so well under the threshold. Do I have to notify Carers Allowance. I'm currently down as self employed with them. I will still be doing some self employed bits but even with that I won't be earning anywhere nea...
I didn’t get the job anyway but it’s helpful to know these things while I’m still looking.
To qualify for Carer's Allowance you must earn less than a weekly earnings limit (£120 from 1 April 2018). However, any childcare costs or replacement care costs associated with working can be deducted from your earnings when calculating whether you qualify for Carer's Allowance. You're allowed to ...
Kathrina, who are you caring for? Is it a parent, or a spouse? It can make a significant difference. If a parent, however long they live, your lifetime is likely to be a lot longer than theirs, ie, you will live to collect your pension, so the length of time you will actually NEED carers allowance ...
I've had a look at this more closely and it definitely is worth doing. From the figures you have given earnings £150.00 per week are over the allowable earnings of £116 per week by £34.00 You therefore need to pay double the difference into a pension fund so tatal pension contributions you personal...
It's not worth my while though if I'm going to have to put loads into a pension just to get carers allowance back. I've got childcare to pay for too for my little girl so i need to make sure I've got money spare.
So the job is for £150 per week but I will be paying into a local government pension so my take home pay will be roughly £141.64 a week.

The only other deductions would be a private pension so that would be have to be £43 a week to gain back £64 a week.

Not sure that's worth the hassle.
I've got an interview this week for a new job and it will take me over the threshold. If I get the job the contract will start on September 1st . My carers allowance is due to be paid on September 3rd. I have a couple of questions. 1. Do I notify them as soon as I get offered the job or when I start...
Keep checking. I’ve checked mine just now (yes it’s 2.30am - I’m ill and can’t sleep) and my back pay has gone in