Hi Paul Your post just reminds me of my Dad. He was always ill and asking me to phone doctor. I learned it was all attention seeking . Told him to phone himself and describe what's wrong as I cannot explain how he feels .He was not happy. If I went to have dinner with him he would be in bed. Eventua...
My Father is in a care home. I thought this would help him and me. Tried to support him at home but became unmanageable. He's the same as your Mum. Self centred and nothing I do is enough. He does not care about how his actions and words impact on me. I realise now he will never change . The advice ...
Thanks for support . It does help. Seem to come on here and rant when it gets very bad.
My 92 year old father is in care home. I thought things would be better and they are in a lot of ways . He went in under protest. Not managing at home but in denial of this. Lived alone with carers visiting 3 times a day .He hated them and would not engage. I got various organisations involved to tr...
Thanks for support. That's it exactly an elderly toddler. I too get upset about these outbursts and feel guilty although I do know he cannot be anywhere else. Takes me a while to recover too. Can't sleep etc. I am glad however he is okay with staff. This makes me think he cannot be as unhappy as he ...
Update Went in today. Television on very loud. Did not turn it down or off. Said hello and he proceeded to fall asleep on chair. I said I was going after 10 minutes but got no reply. Spoke to 4 members of staff. All said he was fine and causing no bother. No ranting and eating. So guess bad behaviou...
Thanks for replies. It helps put things in perspective. Mental health Doctor issued letter to social work asking them to consider residential care a year ago. When they visited he lied about everything and they allowed it to continue. Consultant at hospital issued appropriate form to trigger care pa...
My 92 year old Father lived at home till 6 months ago.He had care package in place but would not cooperate said they were all hopeless. He constantly complained of being ill. Said all doctors useless because all tests results negative. Would not attend day services and stayed in house with blinds an...