Hi Milly, the DWP base their decisions on your ability to work, your health issues only decide what level of assessment you will have, from which the DWP will make their initial decision. Did you enclose any medical evidence or a letter from your GP to confirm your difficulty with walking, and how i...
Hi Nicola i just got up to get a drink of water and when I read your post I just had to reply to say a few words before getting back into bed. You are very tired, exhausted, and of course you are, giving all your time and energy helping others close to you, but you cannot continue giving everything ...
Hi Stuart Hoping this reply finds you and yours well and content. London calling! Hands pretty full, even for a main carer, so how are you finding having to deal with the Local Authorities in your part of the world? Complex health issues seem to confuse mine. Convenient for them when it comes to fun...
Hi John Sorry to hear about your son's drug habit, together with your concerns, and the upheavals it has brought into the family home. When did he start smoking cannabis, as most users start using drugs to suppress feelings they can't face? I am not saying this is the case with your Son, but there i...
Look no further Ted, Plenty for you to do at this end if you're still available.

DBS mandatory.

Never come across a volunteer carer
Money wise, you're not going too get rich caring. Might be wrong, but I think as you are fit to work, the carers allowance is the only entitlement. If you have your carers assessment, the Local Authority may award you up to £30 every four weeks, towards respite for yourself. Have you thought, return...
Mike, the Finance Team is very aware that we are not all accountants, but at he end of the day, when one enters into the direct payment arena, one has agreed to keep records of expenditure, and make them available to the Finance Team on request. If they do find irregularities, it's either a case of ...
Suggest a visit to your GP to make them aware of your situation, and at the same time, give them a copy of the letter you sent to the Social Services, for their records.
HI

Offer the bed for free on Ebay, buyer collects

Someone will take it, for sure.
Ok so your mum needs some sort of care, and she believes it is her daughter's duty to take care of her?

Would the daughter in question also happen to be her youngest?

Please share with us

My mother was the same with me