[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have a further plan. The day before my wife's last appointment she received the usual automated and recorded phone call reminding her about the appointment: when the next one comes I shall phone them back immediately and remind them that their disabled parking bay is for disabled visitors and not ...
Rebecca_1912 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 pm

My intentions are to ease his family's worries about him being alone at night,
Very noble, (but not necessarily the best course of action as has already been suggested).

What are his family prepared to do to help?
Hi Katie. We all need to vent sometimes, it's a common theme, and nothing to feel guilty (or stupid) about. Just like there are no lessons in being a carer, there are no lessons in being a parent. We all just do what we can in both instances. I thought my parents were a bit crap most of the time, un...
I believe that a disabled bay can only be used by someone DISPLAYING a blue badge. If they are not displaying a badge, they shouldn't be parked there! 100% correct. I just took my wife to a dentist in Xchurch this afternoon, as usual there was a car in the sole disabled bay, it's often a staff memb...
but it made me wonder how do I tell my grandmother that something important has happened, if she is unable to retain that information? You tell her in the same way that you would tell anyone else - just be prepared to do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and so on ad infinitum. I can guarantee i...
I use one of those long slim *month to view* calendars pinned to the wall in the kitchen, appointments are kept on there, along with the actual letter kept behind the calendar. Monthly prescriptions are actually dispensed to cover 28 days - four weeks - I mark on the calendar when I have to order my...
My wife suffered with restless legs for quite a while when she could still walk, (it's actually gone now that she can no longer move/use her legs). There are many remedies that can work, they don't all work on everyone and some sound quite bizarre - a bar of "Ivory soap" placed under your pillow spr...
Sorry I just need to offload. The hospital have just called to say that they don’t have the medication to send him home with so I will need to go and pick it up first thing tomorrow. I was hoping that that would be covered by "Unsafe Discharge" but it appears not. It only says " If you're given any...
Currently reading: The Investigator by Michael Knox (a Customs & Excise investigator) includes an account of Richard Branson's arrest at age 20 for Purchase Tax fraud (his one phone call was to his Mum "Mummy, I'm f****ed". :roll: also, The Corporation Wars: Emergence by Ken Macleod
Does she have any prescribed medication to help with the pain?

Get in touch with either the hospital that performed the radiotherapy or with her GP and discuss it, either ask for some or tell them that what she has isn't working.