Oh Aajay, how frustrating. All that time waiting. I think they forget that many clients live in regular homes and not in residential homes and institutions. The equipment of some of primary school children is massive so I can only imagine the size of your wife's chair. Melly1 It's not massive by an...
We pay a similar amount (closer to £500) for four 45 minute care visits weekly which I suppose could be said to come from my wife's Attendance Allowance (no DLA) or Direct payment, (whatever that is).
I'm sorry that I can't offer any ideas to help you in your situation but you're by no means alone. I do know exactly how you feel. Do remember that many men are basically shallow creatures - I'll even hold my hands up to that myself, it doesn't mean we don't care, we just don't express ourselves as ...
I sometimes wish there was a scooter that could be controlled by someone walking along side it. A remote gizmo rather like a games controller ? Then dementia patients could go out on a scooter safely. Manual wheelchairs can have a motor attached with the option of being either passenger or attendan...
Tap water definitely varies around the country, on past visits to my m-i-l (was in Hertfordshire, but now deceased) we would be welcomed with a cup of tea. Within no more than a half hour this would create flatulence for me, the results of which were different to my normal botty behaviour: drinking ...
An update on the new wheelchair, (and a further rant unfortunately). We were phoned on the 12th Sept to ask if we could collect the new wheelchair at 12.30pm on the 18th, and fairly obviously we said yes. Arrived early and booked in at reception and waited, at 1.20pm I went back to reception to find...
For a change, a practical post not a rant about the old man. Hes decided know he can't get about and needs a scooter. In the past hes had his bathroom modified, stair lift fitted etc and got a Disabled Facilities Grant. Am I right this is just for modifications to your home and not things like this...
Not really NHS as such, but hospital related. I had to take my wife to Southampton General for an appointment today. Anyone who knows the place will know that the parking here is diabolical, especially if you need a disabled space. I'd decided to do what I usually do and use the drop-off point outsi...
What do you make? It might be a bit short notice, (very short actually), but as a starter could you piggy-back on a participant of the Somerset Open Studios. I partake in the Hampshire version and we've found that our visitor (customer) numbers went up considerably when we included crafts other than...
Ayjay, you might need to get your wife a sling made of a different material. Some of the children and young people at school are reassessed for a different type of sling when they "graduate" to a moulded wheelchair seat. As it's so much harder to tuck the sling under them in a moulded chair, an "al...