(OK, scientists may prove me wrong, but one instinctively thinks a tiny thin couple of bits of glass and a scrap of air in between isn't going to be as warm as two layers of thick bricks!!!!!) Is it not possible to have some kind of 'internal frame' set up across the entire double glazed area with ...
(I never like to follow links as I so seldom get back to where I started!! ) You don't need to leave where you started from at all. If you have two buttons on your mouse, right click on a link and select "Open link in new tab". If you have three buttons on your mouse, (the third being a clickable s...
Sorry to hear of your loss Jenny, but as already said, it's often a blessing in disguise.Despite you're no longer a carer, I sincerely hope you'll continue to post, I always appreciate your forthright contributions.
I can't offer any suggestions other than just bin the letters unopened, (or return them with a scathing message if there's a prepaid envelope), but if you think the smart meter scenario is bad - try getting rid of your telly and convincing them you haven't got one! We didn't have one for about ten y...
No, it would be dangerous for his skin if he sat on the sling all the time. But I used to leave my brother in the sling when we went to hospital in a wheelchair, yet never knowing how we would manage when we got there - if they'd have their own hoist or not. If the person is heavy, it could be very...
Hi Julie Have you considered if this mobile type may be more appropriate? They wheel around with an arm that has hooks for the sling and can be used for both bed, commode and chair hoisting and used in different rooms. I use a mobile hoist for my wife, I do that on my own mostly, (our carers help f...
SANDRA_18081 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:49 pm
this is weird!!!

but hey, dusting is therapy,
There's enough here to leave you ecstatic if you live anywhere nearby!

An immaculate house is a sign of a wasted life. I read that somewhere once and see no reason to disagree. :)
Mine has too many to list, but chief among them is interrupting a routine operation, something like getting her washed and dressed in the morning by telling me halfway through what clothes she wants to wear that day. I don't want to know that until I need to know that, mainly because once I have a r...
I just feel like screaming at the top of my lungs that I've had enough and can't do it anymore because that'd how I feel right now. That's one of your options, and if it's completely out of character it could possibly work. The other is to sit everyone down and explain to them, as you have to us wh...
Hi everyone , new to this site . I'm a full time carer for my partner who has end stage renal failure and has dialysis 3x a week . Does anyone find time for themselves at all ? Yes: and It's absolutely imperative that you do too. I'm a full time carer for my wife who is unable to weight bear at all...