Hi The Salsa manual says it can climb a 1:7 slope so a height of (for example) 1.5 feet would mean a 10.5 foot ramp which is rather long. . I've also been advised to go the hoist way, which has lots of advantages but I'm reluctant to fit a hoist to our old car when we might end up with a wav in the...
My mam is demonstrating dementia-type behaviours: she's become verbally aggressive, suspicious, paranoid, a hoarder (cash and food), childish, easy provoked, impulsive, nice-in-the-morning - but evil-incarnate-at-night, mistrusting and self-centred, and forgetting what day it is (and she will argue...
Wheelchair accessible is more likely to be van based than car based, but the smaller vans drive just like cars nowadays and have all the refinements you may want. My van has air-con, cruise control, abs brakes, traction control, heated mirrors, etc etc https://www.brotherwood.com/used-wheelchair-acc...
Sorry this has gone on so long but I am panicking that he could demand to come home. He could demand to come home - but who will look after him 24 hours per day? You don't want to, and that's completely understandable and acceptable imo. You can't be forced to care for him if you don't want to, if ...
Obviously, I spend some time caring for my wife, she has a carer four mornings a week and I'm the second carer, when the carer leaves, my wife is always on the commode, so I have to finish that chore off and then dress her and hoist her into wheelchair, the other three days I either wash her or put ...
There's only one rate for Carers Allowance.

Attendance Allowance has both a higher and lower rate, the designated rate is paid to the person who qualifies for Attendance Allowance, (i.e. not the Carer).
..............it's like he's wanting constant attention................... I've simply had enough. I'm in my late fifties and could do without all this stress (from my step father in law). Any advice would be greatly appreciated A very common problem with the elderly. If you let them, they will tra...
20,000 more police. Whenever I see things such as this promised by politicians, there's one useful fact that I refer back to in my head which helps to put the figures in perspective. There's over 30,000 schools in the UK, so 20,000 more police, (or nurses or doctors or whatever is being promised) e...
Sarah_1907123456789101112 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:08 pm

He is very deaf so communication is hard. Any tips on coping ?
A notepad, or even some flash cards might be useful for brief communications.

You hold up a pic of a cup of tea, he holds up yes/no.
My wife has a Salsa Mini 2, which I think is the same as your partners. I already had a hoist in the back of my van to lift her scooter in with and so opted to get the correct lifting bar for the wheelchair. To do that, I had to get the wheelchair into the van using a ramp and over to the fitting ch...