[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
On another occasion he was sitting in the sling in an ambulance which suddenly had to brake and he was no longer sitting properly, This is just wrong, whoever was operating the Ambulance should have known better. S/S used to get uptight about me transporting my wife from bedroom to bathroom in the ...
My wife first needed hoisting when she was in a Neurological Ward for three months in 2018 - I was shown how to attach the sling to the hoist and that was all. I had observed the rolling/sling insertion process. Later, (a lot later), at home, i was tested for my competency at using the hoist on my o...
school.jpg
An old friend of mine, (dead now: RIP Pete) learnt to drive in an RAF Petrol Bowser. He was one of the last to have to do National Service:- "Can you Drive?" No Sir. "Well, take this tanker and drive it around the airfield for two days and then come back and see me again." ........and that was it, D...
Does she use a leg bag during the day, or just a flip/flow valve? If she uses a leg bag, leave it attached and then let her attach the night bag directly to the leg bag once she's upstairs. This is better that substituting the night bag for a leg bag anway as there is less risk of introducing infect...
Peripheral Neuropathy, (sometimes known as Diabetic Neuropathy) is usually caused by prolonged high blood sugar levels. This causes nerve damage to the longest nerves in the body, those in the legs/feet. This damage is not reversible. Amitryptyline is given for relief of nerve pain, (and also used a...
Round here, some Physios and OTs are all part of the District Nurse team, it might pay to give them a call, or contact her GP.
They agreed to test her bloods and lo an behold she had life threatening amounts of paracetamol in her blood, a mixture of co dydramol and paracetamol. Finally someone is listening however no help available as she has capacity and is denying taking medication. So, either someone force-fed her the P...
I'm guessing Assisted Living
CHC is a minefield. I thought that my wife was having an assessment, but it wasn't, it was an interview to see if she qualified for an assessment - done via a type of Zoom meeting, by one person.