There is a simple answer Katie: no-one has to care for anyone else whatever their relationship, if you no longer want to do it just tell that to the relevant people. You deserve to have a life of your own.
For a 5 year old, you're going to have to make it fun, maybe start with something unlike a chore - helping you to make a cake, (yes, let her lick the bowl) :D or just some simple scones would do, then you can progress to getting assistance with a chore before asking her to do them alone. For a 15 ye...
thara_1910 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Link is broken?
Hardly surprising for a 3+ year old survey.
Does anyone have any self-care tips when caring takes a toll on you? :( Eat, drink and sleep properly. Spend time away from your caree, doing something that you want to do, every day preferably. Remember, "It's only a phase": that was our mantra when bringing up our son, and it applies equally with...
Have you tried contacting the District Nurse team? I feel sure you would get somewhere faster through them if the situation warrants it, (which I don't doubt it does).
I make stuff like this in my spare time. A little bud vase, glazed and fired to 1200° C.
IMG_20191017_124054660 modified.jpg
Got a bit more time now: you have to refine how you search for these things, google is not as search friendly as it used to be, it no longer seems to respond well to putting things in quotes so you have to use the plus sign for words that you want included in results (look up Boolean search) - i.e. ...
but believe me since he passed away at home in August I am totally bereft and don't know how to conduct my life now You don't have any hobbies do you, or if you did, you abandoned them to look after your husband. I have hobbies and I pursue them all as often as I can and will continue to do so, I c...
Does anyone else have any tips on how to select hotels with disabled-friendly rooms, or how to avoid dealing through the distant central reservations? It's a tedious and thankless task: there's no way to just select a hotel (or any other accommodation), you have to first find and read the Access St...
pamela_17081 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:21 pm
hi Ceri

they will always be your babies (as daft as it sounds)
.........but please don't call them that, at least not while they can hear you - my mother used to introduce me to anyone new as her "baby".

I was 51 when she died and she was still doing it then - it annoyed the hell out of me.