Ayjay, I understand that a month seems like a short amount of time, but the Drop Foot is progressing so quickly that a month is everything in terms of mobility difference (i.e. 6 months ago, my Gran could walk, unaided, for maybe half a mile. Now, she can't take a single step without a walking fram...
Hi Ayjay, The first OT my Gran saw said she was going to get her an AFO for her Drop Foot, but this was about a month ago and nothing has been mentioned on the subject since then. As I'm always at work when the OT visits, I can't be there to ask on progress and my Gran doesn't like to push anyone f...
There's plenty of different orthotic aids available for "Drop foot". You need to talk to an Occupational Therapist, probably via your Gran's GP.
Poor you. I do feel for you both. I was shocked, and somewhat alarmed, to hear the Nurses don't do washouts any more??? (maybe different Areas work differently). AND that a Carer managed to pull the Catheter out??? We have had a lot of conflicting/different information too.....some Nurses say infec...
Oh dear. I can only sympathise. I don't know why the wee would pass down a Catheter tube and not the natural tube unless it has something to do with muscles. I'm not a medical person so am just guessing. Has she had a TWOC (Trial Without Catheter)? When Mother had one, she could not pee and was in ...
As already said (so, just to confirm) prescriptions for restricted medicines can't be sent electronically. There has to be a physical/manual method of transfer.
At the cinema - *Same time next year * Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn - 1978 : :ohmy:
We have always been told that when the bowel is very full it can press on the bladder - maybe that is something to do with it? That makes perfect sense. Especially if you saw the size of her Richard's. I know they'd make my eyes water. . We have a phone appointment booked with he GP to discuss the ...
Here we go again! Yesterday was the last straw. I went into our pharmacy at about 15:30, queued for a full 20 minutes and asked for my wife's prescription. We've nothing for you. You last collected one on the 9th January - Yes, I know, that's why I'm here today one month later. "We've had nothing fr...