[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Ray_2002 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 am
Not claiming attendance allowance is it worth it?
There are two rates, the higher rate is approx £360 per month and the lower rate is approx £240.
she would not let the carers do anything and would not do the exercises the physio asked her). She is so negative. The stairlift? Too slow. In pain? Wont take any painkillers. You've reached the stage of role reversal, your Mum's role is now the child and yours is the parent. You have to take contr...
I think the first person you need to talk to is an Incontinence Nurse, most GP practices have one or can refer you (your Mum) to one, if she's incontinent then she surely doesn't need to be taking laxatives. The next person that needs talking to is step-dad, if he is not going to care for his wife t...
My main complaint would be the need for Mum to have double up calls, I'm told its for Health and Safety, yet whenever it suits the agency they only send one carer who does the job perfectly but spends a bit more time. My wife has to be hoisted for any transfers, but I'm the designated second carer ...
I hate Valentine's Day. I'm widowed. Me too, but for different reasons: our wedding anniversary is 12th Feb (48th just gone) and most restaurants just can't resist messing about and put a Valentine's day menu on when all we want is a normal quiet meal. It's a bit academic now though as she's barely...
Hi Alan! £2400 per month is a ridiculous amount of money for the services provided. It's actually what you could call a perfectly normal rate if the service provided was actually what is being paid for. 4 double handed visits per day for 30 minutes = 4 hours per day - you won't find many agencies c...
Am I a bad Mother? I am 72 and semi disabled and my husband is 82 no one else lives with us and we have no outside help nor indeed any financial assistance. No. In my opinion you've done enough already, and sometimes there comes a point where you just have to say no more. Be prepared for it to get ...
I’m sorry to bother you but need some urgent advice and have nowhere else to go. The hospital have confirmed today that they are submitting a Fast Track CHC application for my father as they think he has less than three months to live. However the care plan proposals are unworkable and they want me...
I think it's correct councils will only intervene with council / social housing tenants. This is because they can speak directly to the housing/association depts. A quote from the link I posted previously:- " Your council has a duty to investigate any statutory nuisance If the council decides someo...
Posted with the hope of removing the need to visit, assess and fund the necessary aids. Is the email signed? (to work out if it was written by duty social worker or admin staff etc) Melly1 Those were my thoughts, but my wife's methods of using cutlery are so bizarre that I really don't feel qualifi...