Hi Ayjay How's things now? Hope things have improved. Best wishes. I think we're just about on top of it now thanks Pauline. DN has just been and taken a swab for analysis, but the pus,(which was being produced in copious amounts) has practically stopped as of yesterday morning after it was re-dres...
Just tell the Care Agency that you no longer want this particular carer. We had one that neither my wife or I particularly liked on a personal basis right from the first time we met her, and when she wouldn't carry out procedures as she had been asked to do we just asked them not to send her any more.
You feel that you can’t take anymore and resent them but then feel guilty that you just don’t seem able to help your partner get out of this awful, dark place that they are in and know if you don’t keep all things running, that they will just not bother and will just give up entirely. I can relate ...
Am I angry No But it baffles me why they come here Are we just a day out for them or somewhere to go It could just be that they are close and want to see their brother. This doesn't absolve them of the responsibility of perhaps taking him out now and again, but could answer your question. During WW...
Has your mum had a Needs Assessment and your brother a Carers Assessment?

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... assessment

https://www.independentage.org/informat ... assessment
..................and now we are stuck in a position whereby one of us is going to be forced to care for him. Hi Karen, I'm sure someone else will be along with a more comprehensive and constructive answer later, but in the meantime, rest assured that no-one can be forced to care for someone if the...
Today they phoned me asking if they could come out tomorrow; was stunned at the short notice. I explained my Mum's still having tests. They reminded me that the referral went through in February, I reminded her she cancelled 10 minutes before the appointment, so will have to wait until I get round ...
Not so good this morning. Wednesday is a *no-carer day* so the washing and dressing is up to me. I was a bit suspicious of the smaller than usual amount of wee in the night bag, but before I could investigate that further she asked for the commode - usually the rolling associated with washing and dr...
He confabulates. That's exactly what my wife does ( I had to look up the precise definition), I'll remember that one. My Mother did it too,(she had fairly well advanced dementia) we used to call it Romancing when she did it - there was a difference, in that she made up fairly specific lies about ou...
Every time I turned the ignition key, the engine just cranked and cranked over and over, even when I occasionally pumped the pedal. I went out and checked under the bonnet but couldn't see any faults and when I got someone to jump start it, it still wouldn't start :(. There's so many things it coul...