If we tell him there's no one there to look after him, he will have no choice but to go into a home permanently (and then she can go home again later). There is no-one to look after him if neither you and your mother want to do it - no-one has to be a carer for anyone else if they don't want to be....
Thanks for the reply. It's strange as the claim is for 1/4/19 onwards but they have only asked for 2017/18 and 2018/19 earnings. They haven't asked for anything current. It's not set in stone, but usually a s/e persons tax year will end on the 5th April. They can't really ask for any figures for an...
Victor_1805 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 am

I can't really win this;
That's exactly what "They" want you to think.
Penny_1511 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:50 pm
I am just wondering what most people tend to use their Carer's allowance for.
As an OAP, just reminiscing. :(
This is why I say I no longer love my husband. This is the first time I have admitted this to anyone. On the surface we are still a close devoted couple but in my heart I want to escape. I am writing this to other carers who I hope will understand me as They may share my emotions and put on a brave...
Thirty years ago, after an accident I lost my two front teeth. I had them replaced by crowns on ‘posts.’ Now, one has dropped out and I am told the nerve won’t ‘take’ a like-for-like replacement. I'm surprised to hear that you still have the nerve: I broke one of my top incisors at age twelve and w...
Amble_180612345 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm
. Don't they even have to pass the 11 plus or any type of test to do this work.
They probably have a Sociology Degree.

If you visit Oxford or Cambridge University, you'll find this printed on their toilet paper - "Sociology Degree - help yourself". :D (Not really).
Does anyone have any experience of these devices? Thank you. My wife has one, they do work. If my wife were to fall, (unlikely now as she can no longer weight bear) it phones these people:- https://argenti.co.uk/ - the phone unit is quite impressive in the way it can pick up speech from quite a dis...
My wife's hoist is serviced twice annually by the provider, there's been nothing to repair up to now, but no charge for servicing and nor would I expect there to be.

We have no contract with them as such, so there's no basis for any charges, it's just supplied free.
There's much I'm not understanding here. Is the wheelchair electric or manually powered? Are you keeping straight when you reverse out? What's causing the wheels to spin? Is the winch set up to allow you to drive/wheel out under some restraint? Are you going too fast for the winch on the way out cau...