Jenny I just read your message which I don't think I saw before. My mum did die a few days later - at hospital on 5/3 so your absolutely correct. She said thank you and goodbye to us all and death simply took over in a relatively peaceful way. "The rest is silence" Thanks - it's all very strange now...
Thankyou both for that. I can see just what you are saying Jenny, is also happening to my Mum - and the long stay in hospital has massively accelerated the change. She's gone from eagerly anticipating her day centre activities and getting herself dressed, just a few months ago - to virtual immobilit...
Update. The meeting went pretty well. I certainly got one orvtwomthings flagged up and expressed my concerns. BowlingBuns advice definitely helped! They say she needs "Nursing care with Dementia Understanding" What is frustrating is having to make the best interest decision, without any mental healt...
Carers are the like the factory workers and mill workers of the 19th century. Working long hours for little pay. Time we organised and revolted. I know we care, because we care - but society does not appreciate and reward that work - it is work.
A carers strike - that would be interesting!
Brilliant advice bowlingbun - I will use all these strategies
Thank you for taking time out to make these suggestions.
Thanks , yes we are agreed on 24hr care for her as I can't see how it can work at home with only one bedroom and her mobility inontinence etc We ve seen two good places we like and could be affordable long term (unless we are eligible for CHC ) but they don't have vacancies - SW said we would have t...
Yes and she's had her Alzheimers for over 10yrs and diagnosed for 6
Hi everyone My mother has now been in hospital for over two months. She was doing ok at home with 4 care visits after a fall in November;(incidentally I was not v happy with discharge at that time as we d been promised intermediate care and reablement which was changed at the last minute to a care p...
Hardly surprising. Tories don't care about the poor. Nothing they do to the poor ever affects their own. We carers are like the mill workers of the 19th century - we are working for nothing whilst shareholders of the care and care home racket profit from the elderleys hard earned savings, property a...
Thanks for your reply. Totally agree with everything you say, and have been told here in mcr also that "most places ask for third party top,up fees" - I protested that I d read in all the acres of info downloaded from Age Uk / Alzheimer doc that that was not allowed - discharge just shrugs, head to ...