[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well we have finally settled here and things seem to be on the up. My daughter will be discharged this week and will hopefully be returning to mainstream education in September - keep everything crossed!!! Moving to the Conwy area has been very beneficial as I have mentioned before we were having di...
<t>Hi Melly<br/> <br/> She seems to be improving albeit slowly. We have been discussing matters and have decided that the best plan of action is to move to the Conwy area, this would then be beneficial to her and to myself. She can attend the unit then for 5 days as a day patient which would give th...
Hi Fuchsia

Things are a little better, she's been allowed home leave and attends the unit for 3 days a week, this is not ideal as I feel that she is missing out. I have been thinking and looking to move to an area nearer to the unit so that she can be a day patient for 5 days.
Thank you Fuchsia73 for your reply. As a single parent I find it very hard to do tough love especially as the voices she hears tell her that she has to hurt me as I am as much against her as is everyone else. She has been so positive about her admittance however reality has set in.
<t>Good evening, I was wondering whether anybody has any ideas as to how I can deal with my daughter while she is an adolescent mental unit. She has only been in for 2 days and she is crying and begging on the phone to come home. The level of stress has not diminished - I want her home but better - ...
<t>Hi <br/> <br/> I just need to let off steam and also looking for guidance. My daughter is 14 and is a diabetic type 1 and she also suffers from crippling mental illness: OCD and Psychosis ( a diagnosis which her CAMHS psychiatrist will not give), she cannot go to school as her panic attacks and h...
<t>Hi <br/> <br/> I just need to let off steam and also looking for guidance. My daughter is 14 and is a diabetic type 1 and she also suffers from crippling mental illness: OCD and Psychosis ( a diagnosis which her CAMHS psychiatrist will not give), she cannot go to school as her panic attacks and h...
Thank you all for your warm welcome and encouraging words. Dealing with any illness can be very isolated but it seems that dealing with mental illness is ten times worse.
Thank you for the welcome. It is and has been a harrowing time. I suppose that things can only get better.
<t>Hi, my name's Dorothy , I am a single parent and a full time carer. My 14 year old daughter is a diabetic type 1 and if that isn't enough has OCD and at last has been given psychosis as a diagnosis. 2012 was a very long and difficult year filled with self -harm, overdoses and drowning attempts. M...