I've never paid more than about £80 - £90 per month on dual energy bills, but my current supplier have just decided to send me an estimated bill of over £200 per month. I sent them some readings recently, so it should be accurate, and I don't think that's right! Our usage hasn't suddenly changed, an...
I have a BA (hons) degree, that I did in the glory days before becoming a Carer (albeit I was a single parent, so wasn't easy!!) Anyway, I'm interested in using my experience as a carer (for MH) and a short course in Carer's Training to go into arts therapy. However, I know that I would need to do a...
Hi, apologies for replying so late, I have been very busy! The council tax situation appears to have been resolved now. I sent them some self employment and income info, and they took some time, but last weekend FINALLY sent me a new letter saying that I don't have to pay that much. A small amount o...
Just an update - I called CAB to get some advice about this and some other debt advice, was sent back to square one. I have been waiting to find out the outcome of an energy grant to cover an erroneous energy bill, which I originally applied for back in February, but they keep telling me could take ...
Apologies, as I'm currently very confused, so I will explain the situation as best I can. Since graduating from University in 2008, as a practicing fine artist, I set myself up as self employed, and claim Working Tax Credits. In the early years, I obviously was mostly making a loss, although recentl...
Sorry, I can't add any better advice than what others have suggested, I just know that Mum works in a care home, and had to give up work to look after Granny, which is absolutely ludicrous - this Kafkaesque system where the work doesn't pay enough but you then have costs. The ideal solution would be...
Apologies, I posted this, then went to get further help, then my brain just needed a break - I was actually falling asleep, then he came home around 2.00a.m! He had been invited out to a quiet pub with a friend of his - she'd insisted - and his phone had died, they stayed out longer than intended. H...
I'm very worried about my son atm. He suffers from depression and anxiety, but his behaviour today is causing extra concern. For the past week he has been up in the day, which is unusual for him, although his sleep pattern is erratic. He went out to the shop earlier to get some ice cream etc, and I ...
I'm not sure where in the forum is the right place to post this, but this seems like the right place. I don't receive Carer's Allowance. I'm a self employed fine artist and illustrator, although since I became a carer, I feel more than ever Imposter Syndrome (For the uninitiated, Imposter Syndrome i...
We're affected by this, as my son suffers from depression and anxiety. He is in receipt of ESA (after an appeal), and we applied for PIP last year, which was not surprisingly awarded no points (mobility component). After his experience with ESA (which he was awarded just prior to Ian Duncan Smith re...