[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Kitty,<br/> In the same way that employees get leeway to work more flexible hours because of young children you may find that your union can advise you whether being a carer would entitle you to any consideration. <br/> <br/> It's hard if you work school hours but maybe something like a tempor...
Hi, I'm not strictly new as I think I posted a couple of times last year but I don't know that I ever introduced myself. I'm Liz and my mother aged 80 is in a nursing home after a series of strokes. We're currently embroiled in the continuing care funding appeal process. Last year I had some excelle...
Hi Gizmo, It's very difficult when all members of the family work, I'm in that position myself. Could you write the centre a letter explaining that you're all concerned about your grandmother's health and you don't feel she should be moved on until there is a diagnosis of her condition and a treatme...
Thanks very much Bernie, that's kind of you.
Liz
<t>Presumably this is an NHS assessment centre?<br/> <br/> I would tell the social workers that you think she qualifies for continuing care funding for her nursing home fees and that the relevant forms need to be completed so that a full picture of her needs can be drawn up before she is moved out. ...
<t>It all seems very unlike real life to me. I'm not a carer because my mother is in a nursing home but I see what the staff have to do for her and it's a bit more than sharing a joke and reminiscing about having a good day. I'd say it gives an unrealistic impression of the responsibility and sheer ...
Thanks Rosemary, that's very kind of them.
Liz
There's an update on this now which is that the price isn't £1,900 but £2,235 to include fitting.

Rather expensive I think.
Are there any young carers on this board who look after mums and dads or other relatives? Or perhaps their parents are on the board? The reason I'm asking is because every year in Anti-Bullying Week in November, Bullying UK, the charity I run, does a webchat with the Princess Royal Trust for Carers ...
<t>It was really great, I live in North Yorks so saw it on the BBC website as we get a regional opt out and I couldn't see it live. <br/> <br/> What a star Stephen is and how proud his mum would have been that he did the programme just three days after she died. Rod is very lucky, everybody needs a ...