[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes, we’ve sent goodies, cards and I’ve written letters.
My head knows she can’t come home but at the moment my heart aches.
Thank you everyone and I’m hoping you’re all finding the strength you need at the moment too.
X
Thank you everyone.

Yes I think she’s particularly low at the moment due to the restrictions In the home, so hopefully her mood will left when things go back to some kind of ‘normal’.

X
I think I need to try and find this kind of focus bowling bun. At the moment I’m working from home, taking my dad supplies every couple of days, then feels like I’m waiting for my mums phone calls. I’ve got so much I could be focusing on in my home too, so I think that would be a good start too. Tha...
Thank you again for taking the time to reply. You always seem to have reassuring words. Trying my best to be strong and kind to myself x
Hello My mum who had a stroke around 20 years ago, went into a care home around 6 months ago. It took a lot of adjustment, and although she was ok, Im not she she ever fully settled. Previous to that, myself & my dad were her carers. Since Covid-19 we haven’t been able to visit. We have regular phon...
Thank you Rosemary, yes I think she’s on the correct mattress and cushions in her chair. The Gp examined her today and think it’s sore skin down below rather than pressure sores. gp wondered if the skin could require antibiotics to clear and she’s been prescribed more barrier cream to help. I really...
You describe it well bowlingbun, when you talk about being an ‘obedient child’. I suppose I’m like that with both my parents, my mum in the care home and my dad now living alone. Not that either of them really insist on me doing everything or anything for that matter, I just feel like I must do it a...
Thank you bowlingbun, I hadn’t thought of that. I just know I can’t continue as I am, and need help to make sense of my feelings.

Thanks again
Thank you everyone, just reading your reply’s is helpful to me and reassuring. I’ve visited this morning whilst the GP was there and a plan is in place to try and mange the infections and sore skin, so hopefully that will help. I’m on the waiting list for counselling sessions but considering private...
Thank you for the reply. I thought she was being well cared for, it does only seem to be since she has had the continuous water infections that she seems to have become lower in mood. She isn’t 100% with her memory however there’s no dementia and she has capacity. She has communication difficulties ...