hello everyone ,my 86 year old mum ,who had mixed dementia has passed away.i am now on the probate journey.dont know whether to try to do it ourselves or get a solicitor involved.any idea what that would cost?jane .
hi everyone ,just a quick question .my mum will not scrub her fingernails anymore ,and she wont let me try to clean them .is there anything we can soak her fingers in to maybe make the job easier .thanks jane .
hi everyone , my mum is 86 ,had diarrhea for a month ,on and off.has alzheimers and vasculer dementia,arthritis ,so no mobility.also has sores on bottom .all this is being treated by healthcare professionals,but she is hardly eating at all.the doctor says dont worry too much about not eating ,keep t...
hello everyone in carerland .my mum has just got a talley airflow mattress ,just wanted to ask if i can turn it off when not in use ?jane .
hi everyone ,my mum is 86 and has alzheimers and mixed dementia,also no mobility due to arthritis.i have just received an email from our care company saying they are concerned about mums hand to mouth coordination,and what do i want them to do going forward to help mum.mum has been having diarrhea o...
hi everyone,mum who is 86 with no mobility and mixed dementia .we had a lovely social worker we got used to over the last 12 months ,now because we havent needed to call on her since may 2018 ,we have got to start the process again.we had a local ot,but now we have got to get in touch with county ha...
hi everyone in carerland.mum is 86 with no mobility and mixed dementia.we have a visit tomorrow from the memory clinic to see how mum is responding to a drug called memantine.she has been on it for 4 months now.it is supposed to improve memory and help with anxiety.it has done neither of these.hopin...
hi everyone,just a quick question .does anyone know if it is best to inform the bank that i have poa for my mum,who has mixed dementia,before the inevitable happens,or after.i already deal with mums finances ,i am third party for her accounts.many thanks jane.
hi,just a quick question.my mum of 86 years old sits all day because no mobility now.is there anyone out there with a magic wand to stop her complaining of a sore bottom? she has been checked for sores by the district nurse and she has a pressure cushion supplied by social services.has she just got ...
hi,everyone ,my 86 year old mum has just started on memantine for mixed dementia.only been on it for 2 weeks 5mg dose,just changing to 10mg.any good or bad reports on this drug.we are trying it to help with anxiety.mum cannot walk due to arthritis and when i have to take her for hospital appointment...