[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Anthony, Whilst I don't have any experience of using CCTV myself, several of my neighbours do. Only one of them had any problems and it was re the positioning of one of her cameras which overlooked her next doors garden. The angle was adjusted and all were happy from there on in. The government ...
Hi all, Just had a quick question about CCTV cameras in the home, I am going to be away for a few months and my mum who is agoraphobic and suffers from depression and anxiety will be having carers on a daily basis, I have just setup two CCTV cameras inside the home to cover the front and back door f...
Have you thought about an answerphone? That way it gives your mam full control, day and night, about whom she answers the calls from. x Thanks Rosemary, we do have one at the moment, I think we should be ok if I adjust the number of rings before it goes to answerphone and the day/night settings so ...
Sorry everyone for the late reply, I have so much I'm trying to sort out right now I need to write it all down, when one thought pops into my head two more drop out! Hi Anthony Have you thought about just changing the phone? I have a phone with a night time setting - you can keep it on silent from w...
Hi all, I'm currently looking to put in place a few things for my mum as I'm not going to be around for a period of time, one of the things I have discussed with her previously is having a tele care line service installed (this is our local council's version of careline with some added extra service...
Welcome to the forum. I believe that we are all responsible for our own happiness. You are doing the right thing for you, which is good. Mum must now accept outside help. Be sure to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. Don't forget it's autumn in Australia, so I'd suggest heading North. I live...
Anthony, your post is heartbreaking - it's dreadful to think of you having to look after, all your childhood and teenage years, a mother who is really not a 'mother' at all, but a 'child'. It isn't fair, and it isn't right. Of course you love her, and that is good - BUT she has NOT been 'a good mot...
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully this is the right place or one of the mods can move it if they feel it would sit better somewhere else. I will try to keep the background intro as brief as possible. I have been a carer for my mum for the past 15 years since I was 11 and in that time...
Thanks Nina, I wish you all the best with getting the support you need for your son Assessment of needs would be for yr mum. I think you could then ask for a carers assessment. Not too sure on it all as just got into adult services with my son. Thanks bowlingbun, that is exactly how I feel at the mo...
Can you speak to someone in the mental health team? Call Social Services and ask for an assessment of needs? I called up yesterday to re arrange the psychiatrist to come out to see my mum after the appointment last week was booked incorrectly, I spoke to the psychiatrist and my mum's occupational t...