Thanks Mrs A & Melly for your warm welcome. I have tried so much over the years. I was heavily involved in our local NAS branch, mentored mothers of newly diagnosed children. Learnt Makaton, got my non-verbal son (at the time) communicating. Went to groups. Asked for help. Applied through CAMHS for ...
Thanks. That's what I needed to hear. The tears came, finally. I find it very difficult to take care of my own needs, or even give myself permission to feel 'bad'. It really does help to write. I do that a lot but I don't often share it. So, I prioritised and gave myself permission to not cope today...
Thanks for replying bowlingbun. That isn't an option for us because we are leaving this country. So, yes things will change soon and our situation will improve. The end is in sight. I needed to rant today, that's all. I don't expect anyone to come up with a solution for me. I'm glad you found a solu...
I just need to vent. I have cared for my autistic son on my own for the past seven years. His father doesn't keep in contact and hasn't coped with his condition at all well, probably because he is on the spectrum himself. I had to give up my career that I loved because it was impossible to do everyt...