I read this abusive and insulting document until I could bear it no longer. The whole briefing seems to be an attempt to avoid the issue that carers ARE fully employed as if in a job of work to do full time (35 hours a week or more) and that it is a job ignored by government and state for decades. T...
I hope Mr Field stands as an independent as the Labour party has proven beyond doubt to be representing no one but its own political class.
There does not seem to be a means by which they are actually forced to provide anything despite any responsibility for it and I have found that LA workers are very resistant to anything involving them spending money now. It is exactly this trap I find myself now it. The situation is instead of helpi...
Hi Chris, Dudley Council pulled this stunt to get an increase in the community charges for this year and the extra cash vanished without trace. Well. I say without trace but the chief executives very soon after awarded themselves a £20k pay rise each. All councils are self centred and utterly greed ...
Kim I am very happy to hear your good news. I hope the improvement continues. It may take a while for other things to settle down also and he hasn't had his 'adjustment review' yet to set the level of the shunt so it could be very much just the start. I hope so for your dads sake. :)
Hi Kay, Great step forward for your dad! Literally! Had almost a full hour with the chief Neurosurgeon for the Midlands area today and I have to say I was impressed. No flannel from him. Full disclosure and very informative indeed. He gave me as much information as I needed to make a great number of...
Hi Kay, Please keep us updated on your fathers progress? Milady gets to see the Neurosurgeon tomorrow and I gathered a list of about 12 questions covering the important points. She evidences all of the symptoms you list and the stunning bit is how many health care professionals you have to explain t...
Hi Kay, It sounds like you are closer to an operation than we are. It took 2.5 years for us to reach the interview for the procedure which is next week. If your diagnosis is somewhat shorter the increases in recovery of ability get a lot better. The horrid thing is that NPH will mask other problems ...
Hi Michelle, I am sorry to hear of the situation you find yourself and your daughter in. You will find all here know the lonely road only too well and it does help to read the posts of others to see you may be isolated in the real world but there are a huge army of us struggling in the same way you ...
I am seriously looking hard at this sector of the market. I am looking for a pendant that activates not through a land line but a mobile phone so I can finally ditch the very expensive land line. It isn't just the cost of the monitoring service you also have to add in the telephone line which is an ...