<t>My son pays £20 a week towards his DP's and services. He is in receipt of DLA (high rates) and IB. He gets a lot more in DP's and services each week than your daughter but I think a contribution is calculated on income and that is then fixed. Services and DP's are then 'awarded' according to need...
Yes, very well said indeed!
Thank you Rosemary. I have emailed Linda.

You are one amazing person - you always have your finger on the pulse!
My son also relies heavily on the ILF for his care package. Wrote to my MP (David Lammy) about the loss of this fund earlier in the year. Needless to say, I heard nothing from him : http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_mad.gif . Also sent it to Maria Miller and David Cameron.....obviously no replies ...
<t>[quote]I get very confused over the whole issue of repsite and had been hoping that the carers assessment might address this.<br/> <br/> After the events of last year, Steven does not want to go back to the respite venue he used to go to (and from where he was removed to be taken to the positive ...
Hi Booksey

Yes, my mother’s workers used to log in using her land line phone and log out the same way; it was an automated logging service.

Nothing like that is happening with this agency where the system is now dependent on the workers ’accuracy’.
<t>The agency that supplies my son’s support workers have changed the way the daily log is recorded. Up until this week, paper log sheets have been completed at the end of each shift, agreed and signed by myself (I am my son‘s appointee) and a carbon copy kept by me. Each log notes the time the shif...
When I was caring for both my son and my mother, I was worth £315,360.00! Wow.
Front page of the guardian today and a double page spread inside - excellent coverage Image
It was a real privilege to be able to march yesterday,. There were so many people with so many varied disabilities. It was amazing when one considers all the barriers there are to travel for so very many disabled people and their carers to gather together. Everyone was so friendly and so utterly det...