[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi George, You are not responsible for your parents. How they live their lives is their own responsibility, not yours. You are not under age and you do not need anyone's permission to move out and have your own place, where-ever you choose to live. If Mum feigns illness or threatens self harm that i...
Following Crhis's well founded warning about conflicts of interest etc I am not seeking advice from the forum on this situation. However, I would be vey grateful if there was any information on how other similar cases concluded? This can't be unique given the sheer number of dementia sufferers in th...
Understood.
Thanks for your input Chris.

My sister and I have joint power of attorney for both finance and health and welfare. The finance one is already in operation.
We moved my elderly mother away from my sister last May after a year of increasingly aggressive and violent behaviour but we have now found out she is going to be evicted from the assisted living facility where she moved after causing persistent nuisance to other residents. I think there may have be...
You cannot change someone. Only they can do that. This situation is something that you cannot change and you and your family need to conserve the emotional energy to your own situation and plan for extra external help if you think that will now be required. It may be that in time this situation will...
Thanks Jenny. Got to the point where I think all her and my late Dad's money would be well spent if it all went on care and solicitors fees and no further input needed from us. I am considering ceasing the duty visits too, not that there is more than one a month but it is a 70 miles each way to get ...
Mum was the one stalking my sister and using physical violence on both of us earlier in the year. I posted about her behaviour here and had lots of good help from you all. She is diagnosed as mild dementia. She claims to strangers and acquaintances to have been 'beaten' and currently claims to all a...
It's unfortunately not just a case of not seeing eye to eye. Mum likes people to pity her and has been spreading false allegations which could potentially cause a lot of trouble. That's what I meant about pulling out of the role for our own safety.
Four months on from Mum moving into assisted living away from my sister, who has joint POA with me, their relationship has completely broken down and mine is very guarded. Mum has continued her whispering campaign against my sister and we are both on the point of relinquishing our roles as joint LPA...