[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Another thing you many not be aware of is a FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST - FOI If you want to know any information about policy, procedures, how many people receive certain services, etc. you can make an FOI. You don't have to give a reason for asking. Again, there is a time within which they have...
My father had wonderful treatment from our local hospice. /after he was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, initially he went to their Day Hospital, picked up from home, and delivered back at the end of the day. ANY health problems were quickly spotted and treatment or medication arranged. I ca...
My mum had a horrible mix of conditions, needing more and more pain relief. Fortunately, I had Power of Attorney. The GP rang me up to say she was concerned for mum, and I told her that pain relief MUST be her top priority, regardless of the consequences. Mum had already told me that when she woke u...
Hi Anne, welcome to the forum. Have you managed to negotiate round the care and benefits systems? Claiming PIP or Attendance Allowance? Claiming exemption from Council Tax due to "severe mental impairment" ? I hate this term, but it's the one they have to use. Easy to claim if you get PIP or AA. I'm...
Alfreda, it's a really difficult time. I've lost too many loved ones. I would suggest that you searched for "Signs of Dying". You will find well written articles from those involved in hospice care. It is a long slow downhill slide for all of us, one which generally cannot be halted. I'm sure the co...
Make a "Subject Access Request" to the council, you should be able to do it online. Ask for copies of their calculations of your CT exemptions for the last five years. They are legally required to provide this information within about a month. See the Information Commissioners website for full detai...
From what you describe he should be entitled to NHS Continuing Healthcare. Under these circumstances there is no urgency to sell the house to pay for nursing home fees, as his care should then be free. My mum had to move into residential care, she was a hoarder and emptying her house took us a year,...
Welcome to the forum. In 2006, when I was 54, my life was changed forever by an 18 year old who lost control of his car and hit my car head on. I loved my old life, fit, strong, always on the go, up for anything. In one enormous bang I became someone in constant pain, who could hardly walk, waking u...
This is a forum for UNPAID family carers.
I'm worried by your situation. Does mum own or rent her home? Does she have over £23,000 in savings? Yes/No Do you have Power of Attorney? Have Social Services done a Needs Assessment? Have they done a Carers Assessment for you? Has mum had an NHS Continuing Healthcare Assessment? Do you have any si...