[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My mum was always saying she could manage without carers but she couldn't. When I had major surgery, she finally realised shouldn't. After a short time, she looked forward to their visits, hearing about what they were doing with their families etc! Maybe it would help you both to have another person...
Peggy, would it be possible for you to reduce your hours? Is mum claiming Attendance Allowance? Exemption from Council Tax? Does she have any carers when you are at work? Does mum have over £23,000 in savings? This is the maximum savings allowed for Social Services subsidise care? What would help yo...
Hi Kelvin, welcome to the forum.
Can I ask how old both of you are?
Have you had a Carers Assessment from Social Services?
Is your wife claiming PIP?
Your brother need time to sleep, after all his bed on wheels was not going to let him ever get that at home! Can you sit down with him in a day or two and think about a list of the current issues and what she needs, and he needs. The only way he is going to get enough decent sleep is to change somet...
Everyone is responsible for their own happiness. Mum is, you are, I am. The only power mum has over you is the power you let her have. Imagine you had moved to Australia, or were ill yourself. Somehow, she would have to manage. Suitable support would have to be arranged. There would be no choice. Mu...
Why feel guilty when you've been caring for so long???
You have done more than enough already. You have a right to a life of your own, to realising your dreams.
Welcome, my mum was a hoarder, but in her case she put things away "safely" in a plastic bag, then another plastic bag to keep that one clean, then labelled it and put it away. in one of many chests of drawers, sideboards, blanket boxes, wardrobes... It took a year for me and my two sons to empty it...
It is the end of that phase of your life. The new phase will come, but this summer, concentrate on yourself. If funds allow, treat yourself to having your hair done, a facial, a little holiday perhaps. After my husband died, a few weeks later I went to stay in a Travelodge, a special offer. Not to h...
Your brother has done his best, and is clearly now at the end of his tether. Such a shame when it comes to this, but we all have our breaking point, and he has met his. I met mine some years ago with regard to mum's care. It wasn't that I didn't want to care, I just couldn't any more. Of course, it ...
Nadine, how many carer hours a day does dad have?
When did he last have a Need's Assessment?
When did you last have a Carers Assessment?
When did dad last has an NHS Continuing Healthcare Assessment?
Do you have written copies?
Are they accurate?