[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Peter, these feelings of guilt, going over what you should or should not have done are all part of the normal grieving process. Did you give Bridget dementia? No. Did you do your best? Yes. Did you get cross at times? Yes Were you utterly exhausted? Yes. It's incredibly SAD that Bridget got dementia...
You MUST use this hospital discharge to make mum accept more outside care. I know what she's telling hospital staff..."my daughter/husband will do it"!! Prior to discharge the hospital should do a home assessment to make sure mum has all the aids and adaptations she needs for a safe discharge. Did y...
If you lost your job, and mum is claiming Attendance Allowance, you can claim Carers Allowance and have it topped up with income related benefits, Universal Credit or similar.
Have you appealed against the benefit decision?
The council must do two things. First explain how all the assessed needs can be met within the time they've given. Recommend at least two companies that can meet the assessed needs at the rate given. We live in Hampshire, my son's rate for agency care is £15.50 per hour. Don't let them make you do a...
Welcome to the forum. I always ask anyone new caring for someone with dementia two questions. Are you claiming Attendance Allowance for mum? Did you know that she is EXEMPT from Council Tax as dementia counts as "severe mental impairment"? It's very easy to claim and can be backdated. Highest refund...
At the moment, you have a huge asset, the house.
I know in time it must be sold, but that's a long way into the future.
Is it in good condition, or needs work?
Kathryn, I've also ended up in A&E with palpitations, after a really difficult time.
It's really important that you take note of this, something MUST change.
Welcome to the forum. Can you give us a bit more information about mum? How old is she? Does she have any diagnosed illness? If I cut myself the immediate response is to stop the bleeding and cover a wound. To just let it bleed is most definitely not my normal behaviour. Did mum give any explanation?
Mum should be entitled to exemption from Council Tax on the grounds of "severe mental impairment" if she had dementia, AND this can be backdated to the day of diagnosis! The highest refund I've heard of so far was in excess of £8,000!!! The only situation I can think of for not allowing this would b...
NO, do NOT give up your job, whatever it takes. Social Services are responsible for arranging ALL te care he needs. Maybe this is why mum left?? Talk to mum, along the lines of how long has this been going on, why didn't you tell us?!?! Start by keeping a diary. If you work in mental health, talk to...