Well done, the GP should be named and shamed to CQC. Now start planning mum's admission, do not send anything with her that she would be upset at loosing. All clothes to be named. Then plan your own three week break, and life beyond that. Be warned , it's not going to be easy stopping! Do not visit ...
My 5 year old grandson sometimes calls me by my Christian name, which is fine by me. A friend's mum was always referred to as "Nanny Old Goat"! I don't like the term Granny, but chose Nanny instead, but why call someone after a goat?
Speak first to the Practice Manager and ask for it to be dealt with immediately, and as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience, for all fees to be waived! Then speak to the Care Quality Commission who regulate GP surgeries. It's disgraceful, they should be falling over themselves to help you, n...
You didn't mention the stroke initially, that might have affected her mentally, maybe making a difficult person even worse, through no fault of her own. How is the stroke affecting her, who arranged the carers 3 times a week, a hospital, or Social Services? Are you saying she is housebound due to di...
I know someone else with a mentally ill daughter, after years of odd behaviour, especially the lies she told to anyone and everyone, she was eventually diagnosed with bipolar. It sounds like your daughter is blaming you especially for anything and everything. Isn't it time she grew up and took respo...
In that case, the hospital should have arranged a full package of care, including 6 weeks free "Reablement Care". Did you know anything about this?! If she doesn't own her home or have over £23,000 then Social Services should do an URGENT Needs Assessment (should have been done before discharge, so ...
I still don't think it's something that you should get involved with, as you are the ex. I'm 65, have been a carer for most of my life. I've learned that some things are worth the effort, others are not. You are so involved with this situation that you have absolutely no time for a LIFE OF YOUR OWN....
Oscar, we are ultimately all responsible for our own happiness. This lady clearly has problems, but she has a child and a health visitor should be visiting, and arranging whatever she needs. It could be that you are inadvertently making things worse, rather than better, because no one is seeing just...
Why was she in hospital? Why did you take her out? At 88 her needs are going to get higher and higher, so you need to nip this in the bud asap. Every day you leave it will make it even harder. We'll start with a few basic questions. Does she have over £23,000? Does she own her home, or rent it? Has ...
Regardless or whether or not she has dementia, if she is living in YOUR house, then she should be paying her fair share towards living there. That means Heat, light, etc. etc. In fact as you would normally be at work during the day, then the heat/light costs would be less, so she should be paying at...