[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Nana, I'm like you. After various medical "adventures" I' m in the vulnerable group. Not happy about all the people coming down to Bournemouth beach a couple of weeks ago, really glad the weather isn't so too now! So odd not going to shows and rallies, missing my friends. I feel far safer at home...
I had a similar battle with the hospital and Social Services! SSD ended up refunding £8,000!!!
Good that the house is yours. Social Services are responsible for funding your brother's care. If they mention "top ups" expeting you to pay, they are acting unlawfully.
Try to relax now, warm bath, cocoa, etc., whatever you like most.
Hi Nikki, I was widowed suddenly at the age of 54. It takes a very long time to even start to adjust to the "new normal" a myriad of conflicting emotions. Take every day one at a time. I would strongly advise you to join an online forum called "Way Up". I found it really helpful, those times when yo...
I always caution against a parent moving in, it's much better for all concerned to ensure that everything possible is done for someone to live alone as long as possible, and then move into residential care. So many people here have bitterly regretted a parent moving in. It's not just the parent but ...
That makes it much more difficult, but if dad is entitled to "public funds" then he should be claiming Attendance Allowance (assuming he's over pension age?). How old is mum? He should also be contributing most of his pension to the household finances. If he was in a care home he would be left with ...
They should both be entitled to Attendance Allowance, this is a non means tested benefit. It's brilliant that your name is on the deeds, that should mean that whatever happens to them in the future, the council can't insist on selling the house to pay for care. (Some carers living in a rented family...
Agreed, if there isn't a care plan, you need to ask for it.
Hi Hayley, Welcome to the forum. Caring for one is difficult without help, two is almost impossible. How best to deal with this situation depends on a number of things, but I'm sure we can get the help and support all three of you need. Apologies in advance for the questions, but with your answers w...
Nicola, it sounds like you are suffering from what I call Clapped Out Carer Syndrome. You have done so much for so long that there is simply nothing more to give anyone. A car cannot "run on empty" and neither can you. Go away for a holiday, at least a week, ideally two. Tell Social Services that yo...