At 89. He's classed as very elderly. A very common problem is being totally "self focussed" as a natural part of the ageing process, so he may be incapable of "realising". He will gradually become an elderly toddler, needing someone else to run his life. Has he signed the POA?
DON'T do a new application, keep appealing until it's resolved, then it will all get backdated so you won't lose anything. Definitely get help from CAB or a special benefits advice service. Be very careful to stick to the deadlines for returning forms. How old is yourdaughter? What help are you gett...
PS Get some counselling specifically aimed at "managing mum's expectations"Really helped me, when the faster I did mum's jobs, the fasternes ones were invented!
Time for you to take control. Put your answerphone on at home. Turn your phone obff at work. Get her a lifeline pendant so in case of a genuine emergency she can have help. Spend more me with faimily, less with her. You are her grown up child, not her puppet! If she loved you like a mum should, she'...
That's awful. Ask Social Services to arrange for two advocates, one for you as Carer, and one for your Caree.
My mum was once out and back into hospital within hours, I told them she wasn't fit for discharge, no one listened. Make sure you complain directly to the CEO of the hospital, as they can be fined for an "unsafe" discharge, i.e. out and back in I think, a month. It's all incredibly stressful, so ple...
Tracie, I know you don't like me saying this, but it's time your mum in law went into residential care, because her carers are useless, and you MUST put your own needs, and those of your husband, before hers. Things can only change when you and your husband make a change.
It is possible that he may now be entitled to Mobility as well as Care. Email our Carers UK advisors (the phone line is temporarily out of action) and they will get back to you. If he has Mobility before he's 65, he keeps it for life, but if you claim on the day after his 65th birthday, he will NEVE...
I found memory foam mattresses horribly hot and sweaty. If hubby is the same it's not going to help his skin at all. Mum always had an air mattress, the type where there are long "sausages of air" across the bed which alternately inflate and deflate.
You need to built a wall around yourself to stop being so upset at dad's outbursts. What is actually wrong with him that he needs 24/7 care? My own mum was simply too frail to live at home any more, I too had to empty her house. However, there is no real hurry. Social Services should have done a fin...