Here is the short answer to your questions, but I would urge you to find out as much as possible about the CHC Framework, and all the other information which you will find if you follow the links already provided. My GOLDEN RULE is to never believe ANYTHING you are told by the anyone working for the...
It was the same for mum. The consultant had a chat with her, and explained what risks came with trying to revive someone. With her rare back condition, they might even have broken it. He talked about "letting nature take it's course" and mum agreed. So did I.
"I won't have him put in a home". Realistically, that is going to end up the only option is he lives much longer. Surely it would be better for him to have 24 hour care in a good nursing home so that you could avoid so much stress? How much longer are you going to be able to keep up your travelling?...
Do you have POA? If so, I suggest that you write to the hospital and ask for a copy.
Hi Lauren,

It's a beautiful place, I stayed there in my teens, as part of a Guide and Scout working party when the place was just being opened up again. Went back a couple of years ago, had a lovely walk round. Really ought to go again soon, it's only about 20 miles from my home.
YOU are the one in control. The other lot are "Helicopters, telling others what you should be doing, so they don't have to do it!" NO ONE can force you to care. I'm a bit short of time right now, just tell us How old is mum? Does she own her home, or rent? Do you live with mum full time? How long fo...
This is surely the bit that is most important to children caring for their parents. I haven't ever seen this written before. Can anyone explain the significance of the date, or did I miss something? Tenancies that started before 1 April 2012 You can inherit a relative's tenancy that started before 1...
As a carer it's always important to focus on what someone NEEDS, not wants, especially when dementia is involved. Then, the caree loses sight of how they really are, and how much others are doing on their behalf. The "tipping point" is a individual matter for any carer, but for many it's incontinenc...
Lauren, try to "step off the treadmill" today and have some quality time with your own family.
Faye, talk to a medical negligence helpline to find out where your dad stands as far as compensation is concerned. His care should NOT be compromised in any way because THEY infected him. Maybe speak to several different companies, and then thank them for the advice and say you will "think about it"...