[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
You shouldn't need to have ID if the person you are with is disabled. Who wants to see it? Things are getting better. If I'm going somewhere and buying tickets, I now just say "one disabled, one carer" and it's not challenged any more. My son isn't obviously disabled, but has LD due to brain damage ...
Very complicated. Phone CUK's helpline.
Anthony, the more you do, the more you are expected to do, because it's easier for you. No thought about the fact you are already doing so much. This will continue as long as you do it. Time to introduce others into your home, who can do some of the jobs she can't, to give you a much needed break. I...
I'm so glad it's worked out for you so well. Now you can help others with your knowledge. I learned far more from other carers than I ever did from officials. I once met a couple with a Down's syndrome son who didn't know they could have any relevant benefits for over 20 years!!! I often ask people ...
Acceptance is difficult. The person may have lost so much brain power that it is pointless. To try is to be constantly disappointed. I tried to help my son read, finally had to accept it was never going to happen. I would suggest concentrating on the senses. Music that used to please the soul, light...
What happens when you get I'll or die?!
Sorry to hear it was such a negative experience. He is entitled to 6 weeks free reablement care from Social Services. Was this arranged?
How old is grandma? Is she fit or disabled? What gives her pleasure at the moment? Does she have internet access? I'm a grandma, 70 next birthday, with some significant health issues. When I'm not well, and movement hurts (like now!) I love doing family history research, looking at old photos of pla...
Welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us a bit more about the person you care for?
Advanced dementia is difficult and tiring to care for, needing a team of people. Is anyone helping you care?
I had a son with SLD, now 42. If I make a will with him as a beneficiary, Social Services would take it all under the money went below £23,000. What you need is a "Discretionary Trust" where the trustees have discretion as to how it is spent, then SSD can't touch it!