We were at a steam rally in Sussex, gleaming engine sat next to gleaming lorry in matching livery. Caravan and Range Rover sat next to it. Lady asked me where we "camped" between shows, she clearly thought we parked up in a layby between shows, rather surprised when I said "In the garden of our 4 be...
After all, they have little to "look forward to" and can only "look back". We recently attended the funeral of my sister in law, which included pictures of her through life. I was fine until there was one of her at my in laws house, when it was hot and sunny (1976!) she was very pregnant, baby due a...
He has nothing to fear about a charge on the house. Has mum had a Needs Assessment from Social Services? They should do a formal financial assessment. This can either be jointly or indivjdually, so if the savings are in dad's name alone, it would be best done individually. At the end of the assessme...
It comes easier with practice. Be kind to yourself, you are doing your best in difficult circumstances.
My eldest son was my youngest son's PA if he came home to stay with me for the weekend, when I was disabled. Son was selfemployed, I insisted on the LA funding a Payroll service. They did all the paperwork for HMRC. Definitely insist on this. My other tip would be NEVER rely on whatever the LA says ...
Email our Carers Uk helpline and they will give you a personal answer in about 7 days.
SCOPE are about to launch a report etc. looking at the future of carees when carers are gone. Please read.
https://www.sense.org.uk/support-us/cam ... n-im-gone/
More than one, most of us on the forum I suspect, certainly as far as fragile shopping is concerned. They must be throwing away oodles of packaging for stuff arriving, they need to turn a threat into an opportunity and have a packaging recycling bin that customers can help themselves from. Our local...
Don't feel guilty, because mum will probably have an endless list of jobs for you. The trick, which I learned during counselling, is not to say no you can't, but to think of a delaying tactic. Mine was usually as follows "You asked me to do this, so let's get it finished properly first before starti...
Is mum receiving Attendance Allowance? Did you know that she is totally exempt from Council Tax on the grounds of "severe mental impairment"? This can be BACKDATED to the day of diagnosis!! Do you have Power of Attorney? Does mum have over £23,000 in savings? If so, Social Services will expect her t...