Nicholas, so sorry to hear about mum, what a terrible reaction. Can I ask what pills they were??
Lots of information there for you to digest. All I can add is to make sure you keep paying your rent, whatever happens, because if you fail to do so, you might be unintentionally making yourself homeless. My son works for the council, recently called out after hours to fence part of a road off becau...
Yes, I think it would help him to do simple jobs to help you, whatever he finds non challenging to start with. Maybe anything that involves him being stronger than you, so you can say something like "Can you give me a hand with this, as I really can't manage it like you can", or asking him to do som...
Having re read your post, please can you clarify the current situation. Where is she at the moment? Who has told you she can't have more than five visits a day? Who has told you that there is an "upper limit"? Do you have that in writing? I suggest that, like Baldrick, you develop a "Cunning Plan". ...
The hospital should have admitted your daughter. As carers sometimes we have to be firm with all our loved ones about our caring role, however much we want to, we can't be in two places at once. I've had to tell hospitals and doctors at times that "I'm sorry, I can't do that" because having a son wi...
Reading about your early days of marriage, he was clearly doing way to much trying to be perfect, gym, playing with the boys, etc. etc. It was very deceitful not to come clean about his MH issues before you married. I would be VERY annoyed at that, as it shows a lack of trust. I'd be wondering if th...
Talk to Shelter.
Talk to the council housing officer as well, as soon as possible. Are you already on the Housing Waiting List?
Welcome to the forum.
Please can you clarity if your daughter is funded by Social Services, or NHS Continuing Healthcare?
Yes, I know what you mean. I always tried to visit my mum as often as possible, because my brothers couldn't be bothered, but I was disabled myself at the time and it was such hard work, even with a Blue Badge it might take 20-30 minutes to find a parking space, and Royal Bournemouth Hospital has a ...
If your daughter is classed as "incapacitated" and she lives in the house, it IS disregarded.

Google "CRAG - Charging for Residential Accommodation Guide. Then go to the .gov site and look at page 39, section 7.002. CRAG was updated a while ago, but apparently this section remains the same.