It's YOUR place, and if he can't stick with YOUR RULES, then he must leave. That means residential care. So make it clear, he chooses carers coming in to help, or residential care. You cannot care for him and work, and you need to work and must work. Unwilling to pay - he'd rather have you as a slav...
I too have wanted to run away, because at times all the pressure to do this, do that, do the other can be truly overwhelming, especially when you are tired. It is a signal that it's time for you to get extra help, to get carers in to help you, so you can get some time off the recharge your physical ...
Ayjay, does your wife, not you, have over £23,000 in HER name? If not ask for a new assessment. It is up to the couple concerned to choose whether to be assessed singly or jointly, not HCC!
As you are receiving pension credit, it is possible that you may not need to give full details.
Generally I would say I have a running battle with HCC, but the man from the Financial Assessment Unit is very pleasant and very helpful. This is the one area I never seem to have a problem! My son has allowances for his special diet, extra laundry, and recently his client contribution has been redu...
Sadly, there is only the one miserly rate.

Has your caree had a recent Needs Assessment from Social Services, and you, a Carers Assessment?
Are you getting any help at all with caring?
The following is taken from the Low Income Tax Reform Group - I've highlighted the relevant part in bold Carer’s Allowance – can deductible employment expenses help you qualify? Published on 27 May 2016 In April 2016 the new National Living Wage was introduced, which saw the minimum wage for those a...
You mentioned travel expenses. As far as CA is concerned, I thought that travel expenses were deducted from your income figure for CA?
Hi William, There is a part of me which always feels sad that I could never use all my talents. I spent over four years studying for a degree, so I could get a good job, and get out of the house more. It never happened, because there was no holiday respite for my son with learning difficulties. With...
I understand that you feel responsible for dad, but he is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. Put your answerphone on, and leave it on, always. Then you can vet the calls, and you decide whether or not to answer, and when. A bit of "tough love". Would it be possible for you to vist o...