Laura, please don't give up work, but concentrate on getting things sorted out for your son. My son has severe learning difficulties as the result of brain damage at birth, 40 years ago. You NEED to do something away from your family just for you, to have work colleagues to share things with, to fee...
I made my comment purely because I wanted the writer to get the help needed, nothing more.
I'm a struggling carer too, just doing my best to help others.
Hi Jo, welcome to the forum. You are probably both going through a grieving process. However, I'm really concerned that you don't mention any help from outside the home. Have you slipped through the system? Before discharge, did the hospital arrange a Care Plan for your husband, free carers coming i...
If you are just 15p over, I'm sure if you look at the "allowable expenses" you would be under the limit! At the top left of this page, you will see "Quick Links". Click here, and you will see a Link to Carers UK's "main site". Click here, and you will find a section about money matters, where you sh...
As I've now written over 20,000 posts on the forum to help others, I know that the language someone uses can be confusing to others, and was hoping that my comments would be helpful. I am English, came top in the school for English Language, and spent 20 years writing a magazine described as "the be...
We all get the treatment we are prepared to put up with.
Father probably gets some sort of pleasure from being horrible and seeing her react, I knew someone else like this long ago.
If she wants permission to stand up to him, it's hers!!!
As your wife has a very poor outlook, please read up about NHS Continuing Healthcare. So many people are unaware of it, so I like to redress the balance a bit. FREE care at home from the NHS for very poorly patients.
Jake, sorting things out is difficult, certainly there are no quick fixes. After I was widowed, I bought a book called Starting Again by Sarah Litvinoff (usually cheap on ebay). It's written primarily for those who have recently ended a long term marriage/relationship. However, it deals mainly with ...
Not at the moment, because of the pending election.
She CANNOT be forced to go to learn how to do this, or anything else.