Mum is entitled to 6 weeks FREE reablement care I'm sure this is in the 2014 Care Act.
Take control. Block his number. He is NOT your responsibility.
Hi Starfish,
Mum's home sounds lovely, it's a huge relief to know she is clean and tidy at all times.

Unfortunately nowhere is perfect, and mum's memory is clearly very poor. Feel proud that you looked after her for so long, and have found such a lovely place.
Faye, do NOT allow nurses to bully you in a ward. Say that you will only discuss things in a private room, for "patient confidentiality". If she insists on doing this, make a complaint. This will surprise them, and knock them off their perch, to some extent. If they ever use jargon, insist that they...
15-20 Paramol!?!?
That's a serious addiction. Is the GP aware?
There is a legal right to be able to choose the sex of the person caring for you, it's an exemption to what used to be called the Sex Discrimination Act, so should be part of the Equality Act. Sorry, no time to find all the details.
Is she a hot or cold person? My eldest seldom feels the cold, I have always hated it, can still remember crying when my fingers were so cold after we went sledging in 1963. Easy to tell if anyone is too hot or cold, just by holding their hand. (I once saved an old lady I was visiting, with work. It ...
For personal reasons, I won't be around much over the next couple of weeks. I would suggest that you read through some of the other threads on this subject. Don't make any hasty decisions. When you think you have found the best possible solution, share it with us, to make sure you've considered ever...
A difficult question. What you don't want is for the move to fail! More information would help, especially about the person's financial situation and home circumstances. Does he own his home? Have over £23,000 in the bank? Live alone? Would having a "live in carer" be practical? If there are spare b...
I know that I keep well when I'm wrapped up warm. If I get really cold, it affects me badly. I think you are right, kids sometimes struggle with zips (especially if they are left handed, because zips are designed for right handed use!) and they might be cold just because the zip is difficult and the...