Do they een realise how little you get anyhow???
With regard to education, are you in touch with IPSEA?
I found counselling hugely helpful, when everything got too much for me. It made me realise that as far as mum was concerned, I was still behaving like a child, being a good girl, doing what mum wanted, never saying "No" although I was 60, have travelled the world and studied for a degree when I had...
That's a relief. So if she can get Housing Benefit etc. she can have her OWN place?! Her choice then becomes her own place, with Social Services support for what she NEEDS (can be very different from WANTS) or residential care. Now there is a problem for you, letting go. Try to think of your new rol...
Not a good record on relationships then?!
It's probably too late, unfortunately, for mum to change her attitude about money, so you must protect your own.
Does mum have any right to a pension of any sort either here in the UK, or France?
Can she claim Income Support here?
Mrs. A is right, my mum also preferred to stay in her own room. Your job is NOT to make mum happy. We are all responsible for our own happiness, your mum, and you. How much happiness is there in your life right now, not a lot I suspect. Concentrate of yourself a bit more. Mum has a choice, to stay i...
My son (now 40) was incredibly hyperactive at that stage. For years I was labelled as a "bad mother" until at 8 it was realised that he'd been brain damaged at birth! I was a former Brown Owl running a Brownie pack of 24 girls single handed (in the Australian outback) so I was used to managing kids ...
It would be better to enable the person concerned to access this information themselves, either via the internet or asking the bank to send regular statements by post.

This is a forum for unpaid carers, but it sounds as though you are a paid carer?
Beware that Brisbane has been extensively flooded!
Care Act Statutory Guidance 5.25 "Sections 18 and 20 of the Care Act sets out when a local authority must meet a person's eligible needs. They place duties on the local authority. If the circumstances described in the sections apply and the neneds are eligible, the local authority must meet the need...