Why don't they just pay CA to EVERYONE who cares for 35 hours a week, and let them keep it if they get a second job, like everyone else who gets a second job. Even better, why don't they just recognise CARING IS WORK. After all, if we don't do it for our pittance, someone else does it for at least t...
If they've agreed to fund the care, then send THEM the invoice!
All the County want is to shut me up and get me to go away. I just want decent care for M so I can retire from all the running around. Two weeks ago I found he'd been given some metal fillings at the dentist. They should have been white, it should have been on his records, just ring me and I pay the...
Make sure you get a written copy of the statement, and then go through it with a highlighter. For anyone to suggest "extra care" without doing their homework first is not acceptable. Usually with a Panel the relevant social worker has written a report. All sounds very haphazard and slipshod to me.
NOTHING will change unless you force change, because sadly, your in laws have lost, through age, the ability to see how much others are doing for them. This is a well known trait of the very elderly, i.e. over 85, but where illness and disability are concerned it may be a lot earlier. They become "s...
Why not get Trading Standards involved, after all if you have their board you have all their details. Or take a photo of the board and then dump it, as the board is "trespassing". Take a photo of all the shoddy workmanship. Have you looked at your insurance policies to see if you have "Legal Expense...
Hi Carl, welcome to the forum. FIL should never have been sent home for your wife to care for, a complete failure of the hospital discharge process. Thank goodness you are around to fight for your wife! NO ONE CAN BE FORCED TO CARE, not even for a spouse. Your wife must now write to Social Services,...
Here is the Ombudsman's decision about my son's care.
Today, I've just complained to them that the LA hasn't completed many of the actions they agreed. The saga continues.

https://www.lgo.org.uk/decisions/adult- ... 16-013-040
Hi Evie, Welcome to the forum. Would you like to tell us a bit more about mum? How old is she? Does she have any specific disability, or just suffering the effect of living a long time? Does she have separate living quarters in your own home, her own bathroom, sitting room? Sorting out her financial...
Paul, What a nightmare. However, it shows that dad has a serious waterworks issue. Has he been hiding this from you? Could be a UTI, but maybe a prostate issue that should be investigated further. Has he ever had a PSA test? Have you?! Was it Spike Milligan who had a gravestone that said "I told you...