When my sons were aged about 10 and 8 (brain damaged at birth) I realised that I just MUST make myself less available to everyone else, I was the family dogsbody, despite 10 O levels, 3 A levels, and some interesting but very different jobs behind me. After my closest friend told me that she'd just ...
Hi James,

You need to have a break from time to time.

Have you managed a holiday together since the injury?
Hi Alex, Honestly, I think I'd have emigrated to Australia long ago! It's time you and your husband set hard and fast rules. If she is in YOUR house, she lives by YOUR rules. The moment she starts playing up, she's out of the door. NO EXCUSES. If she moves away, I'd breathe a sigh of relief, but she...
Does the "Continence Nurse" from the GP surgery visit regularly?
The Care Quality Commission require homes to provide equipment, and as they are the people who regulate (and can close homes down!), the home will take more notice of their requirements. If you Google "Nursing Homes Equipment" you should find all the details that I found. (Son with LD home, not time...
Although you posted after midnight, you had a reply within 20 minutes. Where else would this happen? There are lots of current and former carers here, between us we have met almost every problem imagineable. When my brother was dying of cancer in Uruguay, I was making expensive phone calls until som...
Why not tell us why you came here and what help you want?
Have the land registry given you a map of dad's property, or the surrounding properties. We found out that we owned part of the neighbours garden, a 300 ft strip in fact!
There is absolutely no excuse for this sort of delay. I am getting so fed up with well paid people who can't do their jobs properly.
Were you told that the exemption can be BACKDATED to the date of diagnosis??? Some councils don't tell you this. I've helped people reclaim thousands, it really annoys me that people are being denied the help that they are entitled to as a result. Be sure to spread the word. I now routinely drop the...