[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, I have already read, read and re-read all of the info, and applied for all of them but not heard back. You are right it must be a postcode lottery, the standard of the service we have received so far has been shocking.
Hi guys Things have recently changed in a big way. I met a wonderful man, my dad got very jealous, eventually we decided it was best for us all if i moved out of my dads house and he went into a care home. We looked at care homes, he did not like them and they did seem too much for his current needs...
I got my dad to try medical cannabis. We get it from CBD brothers online, he has had it in tablet and oil forms. He has Parkinsons disease, and lots of arthritis pains. It doesn't seem to do anything for his pain, but in fairness I don't think he has taken enough of it to give it a fair trial for th...
Hi Bowling bun. Yes recently had an assessment for care, and they wanted us to pay £65 per week towards a carer for one hour a day 5 days a week. I postponed that until he needs more personal care etc, currently it's just emotional support and supervision he needs. I didn't fill in the care assessme...
Thanks Jenny I had to give up a job when he fell down the stairs a few years back, I was still not entitled to carers allowance. So we agreed I would stop paying "rent" (which was actually the mortgage and he paid bills), and he would cover the mortgage and food bills. So financially he covers me fo...
I'm 31, caring for 11 years for my father. So glad to read this forum with other people my age! Went to a carers meeting once and it was all pensioners looking after their spouses. Fabulous for them but didn't feel it was right for me. Also fab to read that all of my frustrations are shared by other...
Oh my goodness, had to sign up to the site after reading this as almost exactly my situation! Looking after Dad for 10 years, close to zero help from family who think calling in for a brew once every six months is enough. Not entitled to any carers from our council as he has "enough" care with me he...