<t>We don't get tax credits-few pounds over the limit somehow I think. So it will be better for her to get ESA. GP has given her a certificate for 3 months so we will see what happens now. I seem to remember we had all sorts of trouble when we first applied for my son. He wasn't going to college as ...
<t>Sorry if this is in the wrong place.<br/> <br/> My daughter who is 16, has mental health problems and receives DLA at middle care, is going to college in September on a foundation course-entry level 3/level 1. <br/> <br/> I have not been sure about claiming ESA for her as in some ways she is capa...
<t>Both my kids have mental health problems-I must be an awful parent.<br/> <br/> One is on Quetiapine 400mg per day, plus Olanzapine 2.5mg per day. She is also on melatonin to help her sleep and one other fairly mild stabiliser which is basically a vitamin supplement.<br/> <br/> The other one is on...
<t>I got news today that my son is to be moved to the support group of ESA. He has been on the work related group for 3 years, he has not been called for another assessment in that time, and has only been called to the job centre once.<br/> <br/> I was getting somewhat stressed over another assessme...
<t>Hm very helpful doctor! Did you go with her? My son suffers with all sorts of anxieties and has recently been diagnosed with a mood disorder-which we have known he has for years having lived alongside him! We were fortunate that we had an excellent doctor, I would only take the children to this o...
Assessment of needs would be for yr mum. I think you could then ask for a carers assessment. Not too sure on it all as just got into adult services with my son.
<t>Hi Dorothy, I am new to the forum as well. Have so far only told people about my son. My daughter is 16 - just. She was sectioned under the mental health act last April, she was in a low secure mental health hospital for 4 months and then moved to an adolescent unit. She is supposedly a child in ...
Can you speak to someone in the mental health team? Call Social Services and ask for an assessment of needs?
<t>I have used Mencap to help with DLA forms. My son's was lowered when he was 16 and no one could work out why. It eventually went through when we asked for it to be looked at by professionals.<br/> <br/> I have been told that having reports from the last 6 months makes a big difference. <br/> <br/...
<t>Thanks for the replies. I should probably keep the details to one of the more private boards. Just for now though I am pleased I have both of them out of the house and in thier places of education. Off to get lunch for one and tea for the other! Eldest finishes at 2 and has lunch then, youngest f...