I know exactly what you mean about brothers! (No offence to the many excellent male carers out there, honestly - it's just that I seem to know a lot of daughters who do an awful lot in comparison to brothers.......) And thanks for the tip about distracting from the immedate request by delaying it - ...
Hi all Sorry if there's a thread about this (bet there is). My mum is being assessed by the LA next week - she has Parkinson's, dementia. She is very averse to the idea of outside help (we think she may be Aspergic as well, but that's a long story). I need an assessment to see if there's any help av...
A very helpful thread. I'm not exactly a newbie carer for my mum, but her conditions (Parkionson's & dementia) have dramatically got worse in the last few months - a whole new level of caring. She depends on me for more or less everything now, includng timed medications. I've just ordered an automat...
Hello I'm a carer for my 78 year oild mum, who has Parkinson's, a very disabled right hand (her arm is basically metal, like the Terminator's!) and she is Aspergic. She has been living independently quite well since diagnoised with PD but has had a real slide downhill over Christmas: messing up her ...