<t>restricting (very)<br/> boring (frequently)<br/> frightening<br/> draining (emotionally and physically)<br/> all consuming (at times)<br/> tiresome<br/> funny (occaisionally)<br/> inevitable (because i love the people i care or cared for)<br/> <br/> Struggling after 8 words and none of them very ...
Hi Amy, just wanted to say I love your blog. I stayed up later than i intended because I was reading it!

very best wishes

Belle
Hi Rosemary, bet you didnt expect to see me on here. Rare evening at home and this is displacement activity because the kitchen floor (and lots of other things) need cleaning. Love the photos. You must be really proud of them all http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif Know what you mean abo...
Image There is another Belle? Yes?
<t>Me again (more interesting than cleaning the kitchen floor!)<br/> <br/> Alex, did the carer overstep the boundaries of the relationship..yes probably. What was their intention/motivation in doing so ? Is the relationship worth saving? (ie is Sarah happy with them?) If yes, is there a tactful way ...
Oh tricky one and not something you can give a definitive answer to because so much depends on the personality or training of the careworker(or even the ethos of the organisation they work for) and the personality and individual preferences of the caree and family carer/member. Personally i would ra...
Slightly confused george, prob cos it's way past my bedtime! Do we wait till the 8th to sign? Sorry if i am being thick Image
<t>Sometimes when i read a post on this forum i wish i was face to face with the person who has posted because what they are dealing with is a big thing and I dont know what I can say that means anything but when you are face to face with someone you can show someone that you hear what they are sayi...
<t>Hi Booksey<br/> <br/> No I don't think that makes you mean. I think it makes you human. It sounds like you are dealing with a difficult situation and feeling resentful sometimes is very understandable. Also it must make it harder to come to terms with what has and is happening if you are worrying...
This is not an easy question for me to answer but it is a thought provoking question. When my husband was 28 he suffered two brain haemorrhages. Subsequent radiotherapy treatment caused further damage and he was left not only with physical disabilities but also impaired cognitive function including ...