Thanks both responses make sense. I live about 30 miles away and see him regularly.. Up until now he has said strange things to my sister but I'd seen none of it until recently. I wonderered about the diebetis as it was undiagnosed untl the last month. I think a nursing home is inevitable znd he'll ...
Dad is in council supported living accomodation he has carers come in plus there are full- time carers in the complex. It is the local care beople I spokf with.
I'm sure others have experienced this. My dad who is 82 has started saying really odd things - on-site carers describe him as confused/delusional. As an example over the phone he told me he'd just painted a picture of some jewish people, when I saw him the next day he said that jewish people had lef...
All seems so obvious now, the post script to this episode is that my dad has been diagnosed with diabetes. Piecing everything together it makes sense but one doesn't know what one doesn't know.
Sort of, he's in council supported living accommodation, there are carers on site but his are is provided by an external company. He was on a waiting list for internal care at one point but preferred male carers initially and never switched. Dad is self funding but this doesn't seem to make a differ...
Interesting but worrying meeting with the social worker on Friday. The social worker was really good with my dad and I and was very down to earth, which I found refreshing. It seems that my dad had told the care about about the sores but when they did nothing he spoke to the on-site support people w...
Thanks both, my dad is 82 and is very frail, he's gone downhill over the last month. I've mixed views on Social Services, on one hand I'm pleased they have been alerted on the other am concerned about what they may advise. You could be right on diet, he's clearly not eating enough and seems to have ...
Hope somebody knows where this is heading. I am going to be with my dad tomorrow for a social services visit. It seems that the District Nurse has contacted them because she has noticed pressure sores in my father's groin area. I am presuming that they are concerned because the care company should n...
Out of interest, I spoke with the council finance people today. They basically said that Social Services don't care about the money side of things and so long as the weekly care cost is less that £450 per week they will continue to act without regard to the cost. Even after that they are likely to c...
Thanks, really helpful - this is exactly the position. Dad is renting a council flat, there are carers on site who provide some care but he also has a Carewatch carer mornings and evenings. Everything is fine and stable until Social Services appear and reassess his needs. It's a circle because on th...