I am so sorry they are cutting the care..disgraceful..as if you have enough to deal with..take advice & stand your ground..they cannot just leave him surely?Makes my blood boil.If one of those people who make the decisions spent a week caring for a dementia patient they would change their minds.I ho...
Thank you for your reply..it is a stressful situation!As he is next of kin he does all the legal stuff..I don' t really get a say..just concerned about mum..she looks so upset sometimes..he does shout at her sometimes..she doesn't know where she is & that frustrates him..I did think that if he did f...
Forgotto say I sit with her for a few hours every other day so he can go shopping..doze..watch tv..etc Am on call as he phones me to go down day or night if she is being"difficult" which I do ..just sit with her & talk gently ..hugs etc which wkrks for a while.I do understand how frustrating it can ...
I have been having issues with my stepfather regarding her dementia..mum is 84..he is 68..fit & retired. He looks after her personal needs..giving her food ..wash with wipes..helping her onthe commode etc..what he cannot accept is her mind has changed & gets upset & sometimes angry when she doesn't ...
My stepfather is main carer for mum (84)she has altzeimers with dementia..He tried a care home for three weeks..not happy as she had three falls so took her home..been home for two months..now says he wants her in a nursing home as he can't take her not recognising him etc. She won't stay in bed at ...