[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My thanks to Melly1 and Rosemary for your kind thoughts. My wife's funeral took place yesterday and I am pleased to say that all went very smoothly - I even managed my Eulogy without losing control. It seemed to me that my lady was with me and wishing me well. We had flowers just on the coffin. Duri...
Thanks to all of you for your support, advice and kindness. I am making progress and practical matters have more or less now been organised. My wife's Priest has suggested I say a few words, but if I find that a problem, he will help out. He has stressed that we shall all be friends together, grievi...
Thursday of last week, my wife died, peacefully in her sleep at home. She had a number of problems, mostly to do with her mobility, and was unable to do much for herself, so I have been caring for her about 4 years. On Thursday, I went to her as usual about 8.00 am with tea, toast and her medication...
Thanks to Elaine, Rosemary and Honey Badger for your advice. I have taken note of your comments regarding the larger protection and will discuss this with the nurse from the Bladder and Bowel team when she calls next week. The nurse is doing a scan to check for urine retention. The panties we are us...
Thank you, Dusty for your advice. I have seen the washable bed pads with wings advertised and from what you say they seem ideal, so I will get some. My wife feels more comfortable with the panties which include the pad, so we shall probably continue with those. The Sister at the Bladder and Bowel Cl...
I think my wife is incontinent. She has mobility problems, and although the commode is by her bed, she needs help getting to it and back into bed when she needs to use it, This can happen several times a night. She insists on sitting on the commode for up to 15 minutes to make sure she has finished....
Thank you for your responses. An Occupational Therapist was here several weeks ago, primarily to advise on helping my wife shower. She suggested the fitting of an additional grab rail in the cubicle and that is being done today. She also had a private chat with me ( I was not having a good day and p...
I am my wife's carer - I am 75 and she is a little older. Her disability means she normally needs help with using a commode in her bedroom and we use a wireless door chime so she can summon me when needed. My wife currently has a minor obsession with her bowel movements - if she doesn't have one eve...
Well, that didn't take long. I have just found and ordered a wireless doorbell chime set which includes two bell pushes and three chimes. So sorted for upstairs, downstairs and the garage And the chimes plug in, so I don't need to worry about batteries running down. Didn't know they existed until I ...
Thank you for your responses. I like the idea of two or three receivers - either would be a big improvement - so I will look into that and see what is available. I suppose I am getting absent-minded, in that I will decide to go upstairs for whatever, something that takes just a minute, and while I a...