Talk to Social Services, arrange for mum to have a Needs Assessment and you, a Carers Assessment. They have a legal duty to support you so you can keep working. Mum's needs will inevitably only increase and increase, sort this out now. No sorry - NOT involving Social Services. My mothers needs have...
Agree with Melly, the GP is your closest ally, in all matters concerning your health and welfare, so it is in your interest to keep them up to date. Many a time has my consultant or clinician forgotten to send my GP letters concerning my health, so I now always make a point of asking for the letter...
I found myself in that position when I was caring for Dad and the d/ns advised me to never take dad to the drs surgery but to always book home visits and say I couldn't get him in the car or I would loose the home visits. I only ever took him out just after the nurses had been so I knew we had a cl...
According to the definition that Adonis found, you Mum does qualify for home visits. The statement, ultimate responsibility to determine whether a patient requires a home visit rests with the assessing clinician. could be your way forward. Explain the situation to the Vascular clinician (you work, ...
The NHS definition of housebound says the following I suggest you decide if you want to be your mothers carer, as it can get very demanding later on. if you do decide to go ahead, then you must contact the Local Authorities and ask for a Carers Assessment. I did decide that I wanted to be my mother...
After my mother spent some time in hospital nearly 4 years ago following a femur fracture she developed an ulcer (on her other leg to the one she fractured) Since then she has been attended by a district nurse at least once per week, sometimes more. However, their pattern of calls can be rather vari...
Thanks for the feed back on this. It is six months since I posted this query and fortunately my concerns about my mother's health issues resolved themselves satisfactorily and she has recovered and thus my concerns have retreated and I am now only 18 months away from the all important 60! However, I...
I have a query about possible future liability for care fees for my mother. Almost 11 years ago my father died suddenly he had been a business partner with my mother, they jointly owned the business premises part of which included the family home. My mother who was then 81 and who had been wanting t...