[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Update!! Well ive not moved yet but we have a pandemic happening so its not surprising! Only thing that has changed is the bungalow we were originally buying has fallen through due to the surveyors report. However, we have found another bungalow this weekend and had our offer accepted. Yes its the f...
Thank you for your reply. The Government want us to work till we drop anyway!! Ive worked out i will have some money spare although not a lot but i can invest it. I hate living here anyway and want to move...have wanted to for a long time. We have viewed cheaper bungalows but always came back to the...
<t>Hi everyone <br/> <br/> I am a carer for my husband who has numerous health issues. We decided to sell our house to buy a bungalow which would be beneficial for hubby so he doesnt have to negoatiate the stairs. The bungalow is more expensive than ouf house so im using my inheritance from the sale...
Thanks for your repky Susieq

I didnt think the 12hrs job would affect the CA but i assume i wont be able to do the course at the same time as the job? The course is p/t just 2 days a wk.

I will email the advice line and see what they say.

Many thanks,

Elaine.
Hi folks Just a quick question. I am claiming CA as I care for my husband. I was all set for doing a p/t course at college but ive just been offered a job working 12hrs p/wk. I wont be earning over the £116.00 limit but will I still be able to do the course and take the job? Im guessing it will be o...
Thank you everyone for your replies. You have all been very helpful and have eased my mind. I did google and found some info saying that if Mum was on a deferred payment scheme then she would still be entitled to AA. At the end of the day she did pay for her own care fees. Im also glad I kept the ho...
Hi all I lost my Mum in January of this year. She was in a care home since Nov 2010. Just as I thought I was settling down and getting over her death I receive a letter from the DWP advising Mum was not entitled to Attendance Allowance from Jan 2014! Needless to say, this has upset me and couldn't h...
Hi Ive also waited an absolute "age" to receive Carers Allowance. Its ridiculous! People must live off fresh air! I was at the end of my tether and sent an email to my MP. The very day I received his reply on my doorstep, is the day I received my Carers Allowance and all the back payments due to me....
Hi Jenny Yes ive already done that, been there etc....spoke to two solicitors who dont think i have a case. Apparently when you sign the consent form for any operation it lists the risks. Risk of infection is a common factor. Both solicitors were not interested in taking hubbys case on. Not enough e...
Hi Susieq I remember you from the last time i was on here years ago. You were caring for your mother the same as me. Thank you for your advice. I have contacted the helpline regarding CA but didnt ask about any other benefits. I did enquire about Direct Payments but as i obviously live with hubby i ...