Thanks Mrs H, I’m going to a young parkinsons group in a few weeks for a Christmas lunch so will be able to meet some carers there and maybe start a network to let off a bit of steam!! I’m sorry about your hubbys kids, I’m sure they will come round eventually, as Jenny says hopefully they will reali...
Hi Steph My wife is 46 and has Parkinson’s and we are looking at dbs too now as the sinemet has stopped working. I know how hard it is. My wife’s family say if it ever gets too stressful they’ll step in but in reality they have their own lives. I needed help last night as was at the end of my tether...
Hi Donna I feel your pain. I'm 42 and my wife's 45. She's had Parkinsons for three years now and I basically do everything too. No life, no sex and just the expectation that I'll do everything for her, no matter what time of day or night. The only comfort is that one way or another it's not for ever...
Thanks for all the comments it's really nice to talk to someone outside of the situation!!! I think we are going to get assessed to see what support we can get, but reading about others' experiences I'm not holding my breath there. We wouldn't afford any help privately as I've had to give up work an...
Thanks Jenny Parkinsons is so fickle, but I think my wife's Parkinsons is pretty bad compared to say Micheal J Fox. She's 46 and was diagnosed two years ago. Initially responded well to treatment but she's at the stage where she's taking other drugs for the side effects and that can't be a good thin...
Thanks guys, calmed down a bit now. Tried to chat this morning with the other half but she can't see my side. Her Parkinsons means she freezes and cannot move sometimes, which is getting more often than not. She spent most of the day in bed yesterday crying and saying she wants to die which I can co...
Just been woken up by screaming wife stuck in the bathroom. She has Parkinsons and every night this week I've got her to bed only to be woken up hours later because she's got up and decided to go downstairs even though she might get stuck and have to wake the whole house up to get back to bed. I jus...
Thanks Bowlingbun The school are aware and have been brilliant so far so no worries there. We have childcare before and after school too so that makes things easier during term time. Not sure about young carers groups, do you mean for my wife or our daughter? Our daughter does see everything unfortu...
Thanks Melly

Yes she gets PIP at the lower rate but we are in the process of reapplying for the higher level.

I think we're going to get assessed as you recommend, sound like we should be entitled to some help.

Thanks again
Wayne
Hi Melly Thanks for your reply. Yes the summer has been tough, it started well, daily park visits and swimming but then my wife was in hospital for two weeks due to a change in drug regime so balancing a two hour round trip to the hospital with trying to keep our daughter entertained and reassured w...