[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Chris

I’ve assumed as I get carers allowance I automatically get carers credit. Is this right or do I need to do something?

Kind regards
Wayne
You may as well sell your house to one of those cash buyers, blow it all on a cruise then go to the local council and say you’re homeless!

You’d get free care, free housing, free dfg if needed, free everything!!
Hi I’ve been looking at options to buy a bungalow and was wondering if anyone knows which lenders are the best to try for someone on benefits or if anyone has managed to access the HOLD scheme. My partner gets a small pension and enhanced PIP, ESA and I get carers allowance and child tax credit. Man...
I agree re the importance of trials and we did stick with it through the double blind phase even though it caused my partner to spend two weeks in hospital due to hypertension. So when we left during the open label phase I didn’t feel bad. And it wasn’t a new drug, just a different delivery mechanis...
Hi

10 years is enough. I would rather die than have my daughter give up her life to take care of me.

You are in the prime of your life. Get out there, go on a few dates, have some fun and please stop hurting yourself.
Thanks guys We’ve tried to stay positive and think it’s not an actual diagnosis but the reality is I’ve spent the last two days googling MSA and when to tell your kids their parent is going to die websites, not good. As for the “consultant” I really think it was malicious as I gave him a piece of my...
Hi My partner is 47 and we have a five year old daughter. My partner was diagnosed with Parkinson’s two years ago. Last night we had a phone call out of the blue to say by the way I think the diagnosis is wrong and it might be MSA. MSA is like Parkinsons but much worse and life limiting. Am I wrong ...
Thanks Mrs H, I’m going to a young parkinsons group in a few weeks for a Christmas lunch so will be able to meet some carers there and maybe start a network to let off a bit of steam!! I’m sorry about your hubbys kids, I’m sure they will come round eventually, as Jenny says hopefully they will reali...
Hi Steph My wife is 46 and has Parkinson’s and we are looking at dbs too now as the sinemet has stopped working. I know how hard it is. My wife’s family say if it ever gets too stressful they’ll step in but in reality they have their own lives. I needed help last night as was at the end of my tether...
Hi Donna I feel your pain. I'm 42 and my wife's 45. She's had Parkinsons for three years now and I basically do everything too. No life, no sex and just the expectation that I'll do everything for her, no matter what time of day or night. The only comfort is that one way or another it's not for ever...