jenny lucas, thanks for your reply, I think you had confirmed what I had thought as I was writing this post. I guess the christian side of me wanted to help him a bit and I was finally glad to meet a guy not wanting me to send him naked pictures but I guess that could be the real reason why he is st...
Rachel, your post is not making much sense to me. Surely if you know this guy well enough to be planning a family with him, you know how much he does for his grandparents. How come his friend is having to tell you? Is your main complaint that he doesn't spend enough time with you? Have you discusse...
I have recently been dating someone who is 30 and 'cares' for his Nan and Grandad. His friend tells me that by 'cares' that is just keeping an eye on them incase they fall. He lost his mum recently. I am in my mid 30s and really like this guy, however I had to give up being a carer to have a life. S...
If I could afford to I'd move out. There's your get out clause Rachel. Start saving and planning, get a second job or a full time one and that's your passport away I wish I could, but my job is unpaid and we were working on an app which he has no intentions of ever getting out. I have just had a bi...
I'm in my 30s and struggling to cope with my dads controlling ways and lack of respect for me.

How do you cope? Any tips or suggestions? If I could afford to I'd move out.
I live at home with my parents, i'm in my early 30s and mum has dementia and alzheimers but my dad is very controlling, argumentative, stressed me out and makes my ibs worse. What can I do? I know dad has money worries and we've been writing an app the last 3 years. I am the main carer, I wash and c...
Thanks for that advice susieq, I'll definitely contact them. It occurred to me that while I am eligible for jobseekers in practice, in reality it would be hard to do. My dad flies to France once a month to check on the house, cut the grass etc and leaves me on my own with mum. This means I would be ...
Mum doesn't get attendance allowance but we will claim it soon, she is 68. I don't get carers allowance only carers credit because I've not been in the country long enough and we have applied for council tax benefits.
The CAB said today I could claim jobseekers but talking to someone in the village she doubts it. I am mums full time carer (she has dementia and alzheimers) we have no carers but dad may have to do more looking after her. Would I be able to claim to look for work at home or part time work?
I'm not sure about residency care home, dad said they agreed never to put each other in one and although dad knows he may have no choice, I doubt he'd be willing. We have another care company we could try next week, I hope they are better. I doubt we could go back to the old one, they were disorgani...