Taking him away for the weekend is a nightmare. Remember once driving 4 hours to get to our destination. Went straight to the cricket match. I was starving. Little hut selling sandwiches for £2. He refused because he said £2 for a sandwich is daylight robbery. When we eat out in the evening, he won...
You know, the saddest thing is that none of this surprises me in the slightest. When you consider ATOS assessing people as fit to go back to work, and then they take their own lives later due to the stress, it's just taking it one step further.
Compare yourself to my brothers. One drove about 60,000 miles a year with work, but was "too busy" to drive 60 miles to see her, even when he knew she was desperately ill. My other brother would only come back to the UK every 2 years or so, and then tell me what more I should be doing for mum!! Of ...
But if your mum had faith, then, for her, she truly is in a much, much better place now - freed from her infirmities, from old age, and she is with those who loved her first, her own parents, and she will be feeling as joyous about being with them again, as one day you will be about being reunited ...
Guys, thanks for all the supportive messages and interesting discussion! The funeral actually went ahead as planned, in fact the coroner was quite sympathetic once actually spoken to, so all went well. As you say, hopefully she's in a better place. I'll take it one day at a time I think, but I'm gla...
My sympathies, I've lost my mum recently and she was 88, so I have some idea of how you feel, though of course we're all different, You're perfectly entitled to feel sorry for yourself, we all react differently and it's all part of the process. We're on here to support eachother so use it. it's what...
If your mother's insistence on a swift burial were based on religious beliefs, I would go and see her religious 'official' (priest/rabbi/iman etc) and discuss the issue with them. They will have detailed 'rules' about what happens in various scenarios that are beyond the control of the family, or t...
My late brother's wife was Egyptian, a Muslim, I thought that might be the case with your mum. It's so difficult trying to please everyone. My mum was C of E, but I wanted my nephew and niece to feel the service was for them too, so we had a civil service which was beautifully done by the celebrant...
I'm really sorry to hear what has happened. Try not to get too distressed and wound up about what is happening. It is important to know what went wrong. Having worked in a hospital, I know that the idea of a post mortem can be upsetting. When my husband died, I knew a PM would be required, and I di...
Hi Susan, we got Power Of Attorney for my mum. If you got that perhaps you could do it remotely. My mum already had a direct debit from the DWP to get the pension paid into her account. But I think this has already been suggested in a recent post, so not sure if that helps any more, as I'm not sure...