[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It may be worthwhile talking to the National Dementia Helpline as the experts there can be good at pointing people in the right direction. The details are National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 11 22 Our helpline advisers are here for you. Helpline opening hours: Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm Thursday ...
Trying to argue or discuss things with a person who has dementia won't work as the mental ability to do 'reason' gets lost. It's sad, but too often true, that a person with dementia may fixate on someone as being the reason for all their ills and confusion. This fixation can often result in these ac...
The Alzheimer's Society publish many free on-line booklets and factsheets about all aspects of dementia, including changes in behaviour, hallucinations etc. If you click the following link it will take you to the list and you may find much that will be of help to you and your family. https://www.alz...
You've done your best so it's right to now think of protecting yourself.

I hope things settle. Good luck.
In the hope that it will help, here’s a link to the Alzheimer’s Society Factsheet about this issue. Just click the following https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/media/8261
If this person has dementia it may also be a good idea to develop a thick skin as people can be perceived as enemy number 1 and if they get fixated they won’t let it rest. I see this behaviour in my own wife, who has dementia.
The new meds may help. It may be worth asking the GP for a referral to Social Services so that a needs assessment can be carried out. It’s a bit of a Post Code lottery, but this can produce help for everyone - it’s how I got my wife time in a Day Centre recently. When it comes to personal care and g...
Sometimes relatives see a different person when they visit someone in a Care Home. It’s worth asking the staff how your mum is when you aren’t visiting as it’s possible that she is more content than you think. It can take a while for a person to settle and, hard as it may be, sometimes visiting less...
My wife was given her dementia diagnosis in a very cold and matter of fact way. I understand that the thinking behind this is that it empowers the recipient to respond in their own best interests. My wife was shell shocked and it took a while for me to deal with that aspect alone, never mind the dem...
A dementia diagnosis can hit hard and many suffer what is known as 'Anticipatory Grief', a response similar to a bereavement. Be easy with yourself while you deal with this. Incontinence can be an issue in the later stages of dementia. It may be worth checking in with the GP as many provide a good i...