[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Alison, Sorry to hear about your struggles. I have M.E/CFS but no where near as severely as the person that you're currently caring for . It is a very weird illness and though they seem to know much more about it than they used to, it is as the other commenters have said mysterious. I'm fortunate...
Hi Mrs A, Thanks for replying. I must admit I have wondered about this too. I used to work in a learning support department with a couple of boys with Asperger's . I think it would be very unlikely that he would be willing to be tested but any communication information is useful as are any thoughts ...
Thanks Bowlingbun, :) The consistency thing is very difficult. My partner is very intelligent, he's bilingual, loves astronomy but struggles with things like organization and obsesses about certain things and these things change . I think you're right about counselling . I have had some in the past ...
Hi Jenny, thanks for the reply and no need to apologise. I appreciate what you're saying. The TBI itself won't be treatable because once there is damage it's permanent but you can work on new pathways with certain treatments. What's happening to us isn't at all unusual from what I can gather from sp...
Hi Melly, thanks a lot for your reply. I've found being pro active helps and hopefully by finding out as much as I can life will be a bit easier for both of us. Yes it's very difficult my partner refusing help at times but I'm learning that it isn't that unusual in our circumstances and so it helps ...
Hi Elyse, my partner has end stage kidney disease. He's in his 40's and is often very tired and nauseous. He's just preparing for dialysis and having a fistula fitted so he has to have an ultrasound to check his heart. It can be tough going on all involved so sending you support and all the best to ...
Hi I'm new here. A bit about what's going on. I've been with my partner for 6 years now and help to care for him. He is legally blind , has end stage kidney failure and had a traumatic brain injury in 2001. In some ways I feel a bit strange about posting on here because he's very independent and man...