Yes very bossy and yes, I think she does resent it, but she's never been around and never been involved in mum's life. I really don't know how the trust has been broken, but it must not have been there in the first place is all I can think of.
If mum is back in her own house, the value usn't takem into consideration by Social Services. It's in your sister's interest, if she is a beneficiary of mum's will, to keep mum at home as long as possible, so why does she want mum in a care home? Does she undefxtand the charging rules? Stick to the...
Why does your sister want your mum to be in care? She feels that it is in her best interests. The thing is, I don't disagree but Mum wants to be at home so we're enabling her to try it her way first. Mum is very aware that it might not work out. We're a month in and so far so good, but I know that ...
I also wonder about sister's motives. Make it clear that YOU WILL NOT DISCUSS MUM'S FINANCES. To do so would be a "breach of confidentiality"! My younger brother did nothing to help me with mum, she changed her will, then he was upset that he didn't get as much as he thought he was going to, and ha...
Others here will know the laws and rules on PoA, but if, as you say, your mum is still in full possession of her mind and faculties, it is, indeed, one would think, entirely up to her if she wants her other daughter to know her private finances! Otherwise, none of your sister's business! I'm a litt...
I was wondering if anyone can help please? I hold POA, health and financial for my mother. She has recently been discharged from hospital and has gone home. This was her wish and as she still has capacity, we have assisted her to do so. My sister feels that this was a mistake and wanted her to go in...
Can you help please? My father-in-law has been approved for a personal budget to pay for his PA. My mother-in-law also uses the same PA, but her care package is covered by Social Services. The CCG is telling me that I should become the PA's employer as it would make it easier to deal with any discip...