I was the main carer for my two autistic young adult children with complex needs and my mother who had become severely sight impaired and has memory and processing problems due to a silent stroke. My husband has had to take over the physical daily living type care and appointments etc. as I am bed b...
How long should sw take to get care plans sorted out and provide a copy of social care and carers assessments? In our home four family members have statutory care need and two carers have statutory needs. Me no longer being able to be the main carer due to a severe deterioration in my health and now...
Hi Sarah, Your hubby should look here https://www.carersuk.org/upfront/ and see what financial help he will be entitled to. I would also recommend him contacting the helpline for advice too. ( same link.) A lot of carers who give up work to care, find it a lot harder than they imagined. Would your ...
I'd really like to hear from people who have given up work - the pros and cons and how they've got used to it individually and as a family and how they've made it work for financially. And especially where there's multiple family members living in the same household that have statutory care needs. W...
Don't let your husband give up his job. Your children are likely to qualify for Legal Aid, my son has. Let someoone else fight your battles. Sorry I'm confused, how would our young adult children getting legal aid help? We can't cope with the stress of more battles, I'm too ill, my husband has no t...
I'm new here although I've been a carer for 15 years+ for our autistic children and in the last 7 years for my elderly mother who is now severely visually impaired due to macular degeneration and has memory and cognitive problems due to a silent stroke that we think took place at the end of 2015. Th...