Thanks once again, Colin. I'm pleased to report that my friend is finally starting to sound rather more like her old self, which is good, although we're clearly not out of the woods just yet!
"Humiliating defeat?" Which one was that, Chris?
Just watched this on BBC2 (hoping it will be on iPlayer for some time to come?). Makes me wonder how we can get everything so wrong in this "welfare state" of ours (and still awaiting decision on mandatory reconsideration for caree's own PIP application) :(
Thank you, Colin. I think I had already read the Headway information by the time I posted, but even so your clarifications make a lot of sense. Thank you for making the effort to put them down.
Obviously bowlingbun knows rather more about your situation than I do, Jacqueline, so I'd go with her assessment. I'm also wondering whether downsizing might be perceived as deliberate depreciation of assets, which could cause a lot of problems.
Well, Jacqueline, there's nothing really to stop you moving if Mum is agreeable, but: a) do bear in mind what a huge upheaval it is, especially if you've been living there for decades, as I suspect. It's not only the moving - plus the stress of finding buyers, getting into a chain, having buyers pul...
The chemist is actually in a big supermarket, convenient as open 7am to 10pm rather than the standard 9-5 so you can get your shopping and your medicine at the same time. I said I had to dash off, I will pick them up next time I am shopping, I went yesterday, the chemist had had 4 days, the chemist...
I've been reading this thread with interest. A friend of mine is recovering from a brain aneurysm, and it's early days yet, I know, but something is a bit "off". She's just ... not quite right, but it's difficult to put my finger on quite what is different. She always could talk the hind leg off the...
I prefer to call them "misrepresentations", just in case they aren't deliberate(!), but yes, my caree recently had a PIP assessment and got turned down flat. When we asked for the report so that we could request a mandatory reconsideration, much of it was complete fiction. Obviously nobody bothered ...
Doesn't the OT *have* to check and approve the home situation before discharge can even be considered?