Thanks, as ever, Chris.
There was the time a few years ago when caree and I decided not to bother getting a cab back from the doctor's surgery, but just get the bus. They're supposed to be every 8-12 minutes. In the course of 1 hour, 4 buses came along. Two had ramps which didn't work (they're not supposed to be allowed ou...
There are loads of access problems at railway stations in south London. Take Brixton rail station: both platforms up a flight of stairs - yet Brixton underground, just round the corner, is a very major interchange to the underground network. Other stations not so far distant include: - one where you...
Quite ludicrously, my caree has just had her PIP mandatory reconsideration refused, and now has to go to appeal. I'm currently floundering rather about how to approach this, and trying to find out information about what an appeal tribunal is like/what to expect/how to word the appeal is proving a li...
Thank you, all! I was trying for Best Practice and not opening a thread where there's an existing one already, but it's proving so difficult that I think you're right :)
Well, I was actually looking for people who'd had experience of them, since it seems we shall be having to undergo one. But really it was more of a case of knowing what the syntax was for finding phrases in general.
Excuse me if I'm being stupid, but I just can't see how to search for a phrase on this forum. I'm used to putting the phrase in inverted commas, but that doesn't seem to work here, even in the Advanced search. I'm searching for "PIP appeal", but all my searches bring up posts including "PIP" and "ap...
Thanks once again, Colin. I'm pleased to report that my friend is finally starting to sound rather more like her old self, which is good, although we're clearly not out of the woods just yet!
"Humiliating defeat?" Which one was that, Chris?
Just watched this on BBC2 (hoping it will be on iPlayer for some time to come?). Makes me wonder how we can get everything so wrong in this "welfare state" of ours (and still awaiting decision on mandatory reconsideration for caree's own PIP application) :(