Well, I was doing my best not to link the two publicly, but it's this one: https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/brain-injury-when-away-in-london-advice-needed-34798?p=391354#p391354 Most of the info should be in there. Ages: pushing 60, I'd guess. Oh, and I was wrong: s...
Thank you, karma - I'm most glad you joined up!
Well, our meter was reaching the end of its life, so we had to get a SMETS2 fitted :( We've deactivated the smart facility (woman at utility company said it couldn't be done, fitter said of course it could), but it's too early yet to predict what the bills will be like.
A friend who's recovering from brain injury (not resulting in major personality changes, major changes in lifestyle or anything like that) is finding that their marriage is under pressure. Both spouses are self-employed, and there's not much money/work coming in. I suspect both being stuck at home i...
Thanks, as ever, Chris.
There was the time a few years ago when caree and I decided not to bother getting a cab back from the doctor's surgery, but just get the bus. They're supposed to be every 8-12 minutes. In the course of 1 hour, 4 buses came along. Two had ramps which didn't work (they're not supposed to be allowed ou...
There are loads of access problems at railway stations in south London. Take Brixton rail station: both platforms up a flight of stairs - yet Brixton underground, just round the corner, is a very major interchange to the underground network. Other stations not so far distant include: - one where you...
Quite ludicrously, my caree has just had her PIP mandatory reconsideration refused, and now has to go to appeal. I'm currently floundering rather about how to approach this, and trying to find out information about what an appeal tribunal is like/what to expect/how to word the appeal is proving a li...
Thank you, all! I was trying for Best Practice and not opening a thread where there's an existing one already, but it's proving so difficult that I think you're right :)
Well, I was actually looking for people who'd had experience of them, since it seems we shall be having to undergo one. But really it was more of a case of knowing what the syntax was for finding phrases in general.