[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My Mum was discharged from hospital into a care home as she was assessed and at the moment needs nursing care. She had dementia. The care home residents and staff received their vaccines today. Some members of staff refused the vaccine. The text message I got was “all those who wanted the vaccine we...
Thank you. I’ll get searching
My Mum has been in a care home for 2 months now and they have told me she is asking for a baby doll the same as some of the other residents have and could benefit from doll therapy. They suggest I could buy her one for Christmas and stipulate an all vinyl baby doll. Does anyone on the forum have any...
I’m used to running my own business and dealing with regulatory and legal requirements. I’m used to health and safety coming first and if dealing with a person with a severe disability such as blindness then that would form the basis of any decisions I would make if their welfare was involved. This ...
Thank you! .... to you all for your advice. I did ring the Carersuk help line. I now know I can appeal against the decision but at the moment I do not have the energy. My asthma has become worse in the last 2 weeks probably because of the stress and anxiety of our situation but maybe just because of...
25th March my Mums carers stopped attending. Her GP assessed her and stated she did not have capacity. She was to go into a care home for respite with a view to stay there on a permanent basis. A resident had tested positive for COVID-19 so I brought my Mum home with me. Not ideal as she has dementi...
I am in a similar position. My Mum was unwell at the end of March and her carers, 4 visits a day, stopped attending. They were short staffed and thought she might have COVID19. She had a leg ulcer that was infected. I was offered 2 weeks respite but the care hone offered was taking untested patients...
Just to say thanks for all your advice. Just making contact with me was enough to help me in my panicked state. Mum is still at home with us. Social Services have offered a care home solution but for the time being we have decided to keep her with us. Just on instinct really we feel it’s not the bes...
My Mums carers have left her and say they are unable to attend die to staffing. They did visit 4 times a day. We have brought her home with us. It is difficult as we have no downstairs bathroom, although we do have a downstairs loo, and all our chairs and spare beds are too low. Care home has been o...
I spoke to Social Services at about 5.00 pm they asked if she had any family who could go and care for her and support her instead of the care agency. I rang my Mum and told her her carers are short staffed and could she make a sandwich for this evening. She should be Ok tonight but needs her heart ...