Thanks everyone. I've got a problem now that I didn't know I would have! I think I mentally prepared myself for losing Dad over the past year - lots of falls, lots of UTI's, watching him get frailer etc. And the last 2 weeks of his life were just awful and I think some of that utterly awful grieving...
Well I guess I can transfer myself to this section now. I cared for my wonderful Dad for almost 11 years since my Mum passed away - my Dad did 99% of the caring for my Mum and I popped in from time to time. Actually, with my Mum I should have spent about 90% more of my time not just popping in, but ...
I can't give you the answers you're looking for myself, but I would suggest you give the CarersUK helpline a try - even if they can't help you directly they will signpost you. The trouble is, rules about funding for residential care seem to change as often as the wind, with the current government no...
<r>Oh my, this turned into another incident of me thinking I'd turned into Alice and was disappearing down the hole into DWP Wonderland.<br/> <br/> As I can't attend as I'm on respite they re-booked for 9th July. At which time I will be claiming State Pension. So I tell them this but they say I must...
<t>Honestly, you've gotta laugh at these jokers at Jobcentre plus! After 9 and a half years of being the sole, full-time carer for my Dad, and now having to take up further caring duties for my adult son, I get a letter telling me a work-focused interview has been arranged for me on 23rd June.<br/> ...
<t>Thanks everyone. <br/> <br/> This I think, is the toughest call for me ever. I'm simply heartbroken and I seem to be surrounded by people with perfect lifestyles and perfect children and perfect homes. I know that's more than likely not the case but it seems like that to me right now.<br/> <br/> ...
<t>...... one of your children has been diagnosed with probable MS? We just found this out last week and this is tearing my heart out. My son (34 yrs old) has Asperger's & learning difficulties and now we have this devastating news to cope with. <br/> <br/> I feel so...so...angry, I suppose, and...
You are probably right.
<t>Thanks you lot - isn't it amazing how a few kind words from people you don't know can make such a difference?<br/> <br/> Yes of course we're all on a roller coaster of emotions at the moment. My baby boy (ha, ha 34 years old) had to start his course of steroids this morning 12 tablets for three d...
<t>Well, this has definitely not been a good day. The Neurosurgeon suspects that my son has non-progressive MS. <br/> <br/> I thought I was going to be physically sick in the consulting room. Of all the bad scenarios I'd imagined, this was not one of them.<br/> <br/> Feel a bit like our world has co...