[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
So, we were at MIL's when her lunchtime carers arrived. One lady is a regular and we have met her before. She asked " what are YOU doing about the Wiltshire meals mum doesn't like? ". I said we are aware she was not keen, but we are following advice of the SLT and I couldn't go against this until I ...
Thanks Melly, but fish pie is one of the meals so far that she has told us not to get again. No idea why as she always tells us she loves fish! I keep normal fish pies in our freezer as a quick meal and find them quite nice, albeit not the soft version she has been having. I will look at the links t...
MIL is housebound and relies on 4x care visits a day. She cannot do anything for herself, is fully hoisted for all transfers and carers prepare her meals. My husband (her son) and I both work and there is no-one else. so popping at am mealtimes is not an option. I have been called away from work far...
Hi All, MIL has had ongoing swallowing issues for months now. Finally managed to get a SaLT assessment a few weeks ago. Therapist found she has some problems synchronising her chew/swallow/breathe reflex, which is likely causing it, and her restricted diet - she will only eat fish cakes and fish fin...
Thanks for replies. I know I need HIM to take the lead, but sadly this morning he is backtracking ... I wanted to get GP/Dementia nurse out to do an assessment, as MIL is so muddled some days she even gets our names wrong, which is not helping her eating/choking issues. She was given advice to eat s...
TBH, he wouldn't know where to start. I am happy to make calls, visit etc, and he can deliver the message to her afterwards!
Should we strike while the iron is hot or give her a while to get her head around it and come to terms that its the right decision? From my other recent posts here, you may have seen that MIL has a frequent "choking" issue when she is eating. She lives alone, carers cook her lunch and within 5 minut...
Its hard isn't it ... my MIL has 3 sons; I am married to one, another b@ggered off to Australia and the 3rd just b@ggered off ... She has 4x daily care visits a day, but otherwise me and hubby do it all ... lifeline calls, shopping, laundry, paperwork, liaising with other agencies, medical services,...
Please insist that you will only be able to accept your husband home when all the work is completed. My mother in law was in hospital for nearly 6 months, awaiting an adequate care package to be in place, but even when she came home, her ramps were not ready, so she was a prisoner for another 3 mont...
Well ... my mobile went at 12.45 ... Lifeline service "Had a call from your MIL, she's choking on her lunch" ... dropped everything AGAIN , and rushed down to her ... more fool me. Found her looking very sheepish, but NOT choking. I asked why she had pressed her alarm ... "I couldn't clear my throat...