I am probably being a bit pedantic in the greater scheme of things, but I am seeing more and more care plans, GP notes, case Co reviews etc, where I am being put down as main contact (fine with this) but then shown as my Mother in Law's Daughter! Much as I love her and would do anything for her .. c...
Thank you Melly. I was hoping her care providers could offer something like this, so will ask if its possible, even if she has to pay for it. We have been offered taster days at 2 different centres, one only 5 minutes from her home, but reluctant to take her there to see what she could have, and the...
GO AWAY FOR A WEEK. Then she will finally realise what you do for her when you are there. OK, she won't like it, that's tough. Many forum members have done this, and found that they were finally appreciated. Can I ask how old she is? Nature of her disability? She is 83, was very active, still doing...
Hi Jenny, the chair is sorted. Hubby rang her and told her she needs it and must pay, so I have put deposit down this afternoon to order it. No, she didn't always spoil him, in fact when he still lived here they hardly saw each other. He probably speaks to her more often now than when he was 5 miles...
I know Bowlingbun, but she probably wants to hang on to it to send another £2,000 over to Hubby's brother in Oz to pay for his flights home on his next visit, like she did for his Christmas trip. Who she gives her money to is her business, so long as she covers our costs, I don't give a damn, but at...
Excuse me for taking this off-topic, but just come back from assessment for her rise/recliner chair ... she is now saying its too expensive, as she can get a similar one out a magazine she saw for less than £400. I did warn her before guys turned up, that this chair is being made to measure to suit ...
I am trying to sort a daycare placement once or twice weekly for MIL, but none of our local ones provide any transport. Only option would be wheelchair taxi, but having used them a couple of times for other things, the driver usually stands outside puffing on a ciggie and expects someone to wheel he...
Thanks for replies. The carers do not have the time to do the amount of laundry she generates - she is often urine incontinent between visits, even though she has maxi pads, so they have to change her underwear and sometimes clothing, plus this week there have been 2 lots of full bedding in 2 days, ...
MIL is chair bound/bed bound, with 4 x daily care package. I do shopping, laundry, errands, sort out all appointments, paperwork, meds, meal deliveries etc. I submitted Attendance Allowance form last Sept on her behalf. She said nothing about letter approving higher rate of £83/week from 1 November ...
Do not feel in any way that residential care is letting her down or that you have failed. If anything the rest of the family had failed YOU by not helping and supporting you in the care she needs. Does she own her home? If so, I suspect it needs to be sold to fund her care ... this might make the fa...