[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree with Bowlingbun ... don't ask the leading questions ... hard though isn't it ... My MIL is home but chairbound and we are her only local family ... we avoid the "how are you" type questions as we always get the reply she is fed up and lonely ... 4 care visits a day, sometimes 2 carers per vi...
Thanks Bowling Bun, but she is actually asking us to get her something different. On today's shopping she wanted chips, but said "not those silly microwave ones, the type you cooking in the oven" ... Mmmm, 25 minutes plus 5-10 for oven to get to temperature is never going to work. Carers suggested t...
Please can anyone give me advice on making meals in advance for MIL that can be reheated from frozen in microwave. Before you say it, we have tried Wiltshire Farm meals and she doesn't like them ... tried various supermarket ready meals with same response. I have sneaked the odd Fisherman's or Sheph...
Thanks for replies ... reading it back the next day makes me feel like a selfish cow, but it helps at the time to put it down on paper to get it off my chest. I often sit and write down my feelings and then read back and rip them up the next day ... sorry I felt the need to rant here instead ... Hub...
Sorry, I only ever seem to come here to moan ... MIL has really wound me up today ... called in with her weekly shopping this morning. She is housebound, cannot weight bear or transfer without help and has 4 home care visits a day. Started with "Can you look in my cupboard as "the girls" (carers) ar...
I am going to take a black marker pen down and write on it ... its pretty basic stuff really. I just found the same brand mattress online, describing the pressure relief comfort of the soft top cover and sectional foam insert, with the "thick polyurethane hard wearing base for longevity of use" ... ...
She has had it for 2 years now and never had an issue until the last few of weeks. It is serviced annually by the loan equipment company but they last came before Christmas so doubt they put it on wrong. MIL has a weekly cleaner (not at the moment due to Virus) who changes the bed but she herself is...
I don't usually knock carers or district nurses ... I wouldn't want their jobs and on the whole they are very good at what they do, but just sometimes I really :roll: :evil: :dry: at the stupid mistakes that are made ... MIL has a local authority provided hospital bed with pressure relieving mattres...
No she hasn't got sides on her bed as she has not been assessed as a risk. She is considered to have mental capacity and I think she would still past the tests for that, but she is just so determined that if she wants to do something she will try. I rang the care agency when I got home, said I wante...
Just back from Mum in Law's ... lifeline rang just after 10pm, asking if we could go down as she was "stuck". Got there to find her bedtime carer had left the porch light on, and MIL in her independent way had tried to get out of bed to switch it off. Luckily she only managed to swing her legs out a...