Thankyou for your reply. I've had a bit of a nightmare again. As I said on Monday I now have a case manager. You wouldn't believe my luck but he's about as much use as the garage. I've contacted mobility over 5 times since speaking to this case manager to ask to speak to him and each time I'm told "...
A quick update. Just had a telephone conversation with mobility who have escalated it to a mechanical complaint. I'll have a case manager looking after situation for me. They will liaise between me and the dealership and arrange for my lease to be cancelled if necessary. Hopefully will get sorted so...
Hi. Thankyou for your kind replies. The day I collected my new vehicle there were a few chips scratches all over the vehicle. Been in twice for this and they are still there. Mobility have logged this. The recent problem is a rattle noise coming from the drivers side. I know it sounds trivial but it...
Hi everyone. I was hoping for some advise please. I care for my partner. We picked up our new motability car in February this year 2017. Up till now it's been in the garage 4 times in 5 months. This time they've had it for a week now and still can't find what the problem is. I was just wondering wou...