Thanks, it's the Council that worries me most, they seem to be a Law unto themselves, a little while back my Husband started getting a small pension, £17 per week, so the Council reduced our housing benefit by £14 :roll: even though he had asked them in advance if it would affect anything. If we ha...
The role of the visiting officer was purely to fill in the form for me, NOT to assess my son, he wasn't even here. Having given all the information to this chap, he took it away and sent it to the assessment dept. They gave me a quick call to clarify one or two things, and the benefit was granted, ...
Did you keep a copy of your original claim form? Wait a month or so and phone up, say that he has deteriorated in one respect or another and request the new feature should be assessed. You should get a copy o the list of things they look at and the range of capability in each heading. Ask in your l...
I asked DWP to arrange a Visiting Officer as I couldn't hand writ the form. He was very good and helped me remember things that I might have forgotten. Highly recommend this for anyone. My husband didn't ask for one, the DWP told him that he would need one. After trying all of the other agencies fi...
Do you have written evidence that you complained to ATOS? Speak to our Carers UK helpline asap, because I'm sure there are ways round the 30 day deadline under some circumstances. Tomorrow , write to DWP, send the letter "signed for" and say that you were confused and complained to ATOS, not realis...
Colin_1705 wrote:Also make sure that you have both claimed winter fuel allowance now
Thanks

We get it automatically because we claim Guaranteed Pension Credit
Send off the appeal to DWP immediately. But secondly ask the CAB for an appointment, and say you want the point meant with e PIP expert. Thanks As above, apparently he is too late to ask for a reconsideration - it should have been done by the 24th June. So it looks like he is stuck with what he get...
Colin_1705 wrote:Apply for Attendance Allowance
Thanks

I had thought of that but seeing that he was awarded 8 points for aids only which got him Standard care, he can't go for Attendance Allowance. He can only go if the review in 2019 goes against him completely and he gets no points at all.
You need to immediately appeal the DWP against the decision Thanks, but from what the DWP have told me if he wanted to appeal he should have asked for a reconsideration within 30 days. He had the decision letter dated 25th May so he missed the boat. He and I thought that you had to complain to ATOS...
Hi, new member here I (72) care for my husband (68). He suffers from a host of both physical and mental problems - Chronic Pancreatitis, PAD, damaged base of the spine as well as P.T.S.D. and acquired frontal lobe brain damage. He was receiving High Care & Mobility DLA indefinitely since 1994. He ha...