[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Emmy, well done for fighting for your rights. However, I'm sure you now feel washed out, I know I did after a victory. Doesn't really feel like a victory at all in some respects, so be kind to yourself. You have every right to ring up and ask "what happens next?". DWP will backdate your daugh...
We won’t be changed over to pip yet as my daughter is only 2. She is epileptic and has frequent seizures that she has no triggers for, no pattern to and she can’t warn us as she’s currently under speech therapy as her speech is delayed
I had to go to the courts in Chester yesterday to appeal the dwp’s decision with regards to my daughter’s dla being stopped back in June. The appeal went in our favour and it was ruled that the dla should be reinstated until 2020. I got a bit emotional and didn’t really take anything in after the ju...
Going off that guide she should be eligible because she needs someone with her at all times. She doesn’t have any triggers so her absences and seizures just appear out of nowhere. Just last week she had an episode where she was walking along, she went into an absence and then her legs went from unde...
The appeal has been accepted and dwp are in the process of compiling their response I phoned the tribunal centre and the area that we are assigned to could potentially take 9-10 months to even get a date for a hearing. So that’s 9-10 months without dla or carers allowance To be honest, I feel like s...
bowlingbun it’s very much a case of “why me” at the moment. And blaming myself too because I feel like it’s been passed down from me as I had the same when I was her age and eventually grew out of it (which we’re hoping she will too) It just feels like an extra stress to be dealing with. They say th...
She was 2 last week

What gets me is that she was getting middle rate care and then all of a sudden according to dla she is the same as any other child her age

I’ll get down to citizens advice tomorrow so that I can get the appeal in motion
My daughter is epileptic and has very regular absences, which sometimes lead to tonic clonic seizures. However she has started falling over when having some of her absences. I sent in the renewal for dla and they rejected it, saying that she does not need any extra care compared to a normal child of...
It's 10 weeks tomorrow now since I applied for carers allowance and my claim still hasn't been allocated :( I spoke to someone on the phone this morning and was advised that they were working to claims from the 24th of July. Yet I know of someone who applied on the 27th of July who has had their awa...
My daughter was awarded DLA back at the end of July and I applied for Carers Allowance on the 1st of August. It will be week 9 this week since I applied and I haven't heard a thing back as of yet. Does anyone know if they have a deadline to work to or how much longer I should be expecting to wait pl...