[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I wouldn't worry too much. They had this plan four years ago (without the NI increases) and it went nowhere.
I was told the social worker is responsible for deciding how much a PA is paid, and it's all tied to a tier system and is (loosely) based on complexity of care and skills provided, but ultimately, it's down to the social worker and they won't spent a pound if a penny will do. There was a big court c...
I will honestly never understand the SDP being taken from someone who has a carer or someone living with them as a carer. I mean, you're not any less disabled for requiring care/support, in fact, you probably have higher disability needs than most. It's a ridiculous system!
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 pm
Until the OP gives us more information, it's difficult to comment further.
Well, I didn't really post for advice. This was a rant about people being disrespectful regarding wearing masks in someone else's home, which has been somewhat derailed.
That's awful, @Pet66. Can't say I'm surprised though. What I find amazing is how the Care Act and the direct payment guidelines, and what not, state that "maintaining a habitable environment" is one of the key factors for providing care, and yet so many care companies/paid carers refuse to do even t...
I'm repeatedly told that care agencies don't clean. They certainly don't take rubbish/furniture away that would all be additional cost to go the CQC route. She wants absolutely nothing to do with social services in our area, due to past experience with some relatives, and I really can't blame her. T...
A friend of mine is vulnerable/disabled and in desperate need of some help cleaning their home, it's in quite a state and more than I can do alone so I called around some companies for help. Got a call back from one company with glowing reviews. Guy couldn't have been nicer on the phone, and stated ...
One of my cousins who gets a DP for part of his care has recieved a contract through the post, completely out of the blue. He's been getting his DP for almost ten years now and he signed a contract back then, and nothing has changed recently, and he's not had a review recently either, due to the pan...
Hi Melly,

Both.

I believe that most people receiving a DP are encouraged to use an official payroll company to handle that side of things.
And those deemed unable to manage the DP/PB themselves are farmed out to third party organizations who handle the budget and care package/purchasing etc.
Hello again all, Just curious. Anyone here who has experience with direct payments and/or personal budgets, do any of you/or those you care for, use a third party to manage the care budget? If so, what area of the country are you in, and what company do you use? (Feel free to PM me if you don't want...