[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I mentioned my concerns to the doctor about Dad driving, and it was he that suggested to dad that maybe he didn't really need to drive any more. He also said things to him about the cost, i.e insurance, MOT, servicing, the cost of which would outweigh the benefit and it would be cheaper and easie...
<t>Who would think hearing aids could cause so much contention and distress, but THEY DO! Like you say, if you felt they were trying to help themselves as much as they could, you could be more understanding. My Dad goes as far as to say he doesnt want to wear them because he can't hear with them in....
My GP practice was very helpful when my Dad moved in with us. First port of call I would think. Get registered as a carer and then you can find out about all the local help available. We don't get much "help" in that way as Dad is financially self-supporting, but our practice does what it can do for...
Late as well! Glad you had a good one! Happy Birthday!
surely paid carers and unpaid carers can share experiences and learn from each other?
<t>Sorry i am probably being thick here, but podiatrist? chiropodist? what is the difference? we have a chiropodist who comes to our house, he cuts our toenails (mine and dads) and dads fingernails as an extra, deals with all the dead skin and nasty stuff, massages our feet with lovely oils ... £26 ...
Hi there
cant say anything constructive, but ... welcome! hold tight someone with a wealth of experience will be along to help soon! Image
Happy Birthday! Image
<t>Hi Nicola, welcome to the forum.<br/> <br/> I had a similar issue when we moved into our new house. Dad was adamant that the bed in his room he had never seen before, it was a different bed and very uncomfortable. He doesn't even have dementia. I got very irritated at first, as I explained to him...
I have a husband who is just the same, in that he wants to do everything and it makes me feel bad. He has no disabilities either! He just works very hard, and then comes home and wants to take over and wear himself out here too! I feel like he is taking my role away from me in some way, if that make...