I think they were overstepping the mark. Not for the cleaner to query, probably because you didn't look sufficiently disabled - in their opinion.
It really is critical that you understand THEIR meaning of the vocabulary they use and what it means to the outcome of their assessment. Often people don't have the time to bone up on these assessment tools and are 'guided' through the assessment by non medical and low level social workers in a hurr...
Alexander, you have certainly been dropped in at the deep end! I couldn't help but smile at your spider tale. Good you saw the funny side. We had plenty of long waits, the worst being the time mum was discharged from a&e. at 4:30pm and got home at 3:30 am. For an outpatient appointment one wouldn't ...
Regarding the reablement. Where I live, Greater London, if you're in hospital for more than a week your enablement program is ended and you are reaaessed. In my experience, the LA pays cost of care until a new free enablement package starts, or they put you on a long term care package where cost is ...
Certainly if the borough responsible for mum's district nursing care funded community nursing services between 11pm and 8:30am that would have saved multiple trips to the A&E via ambulance - but that was entirely the (cost effective?) choice of that London borough.
Congratulations to you and the solicitor. A job well done.
It's all very sad and frustrating. Hospice could not access hospital records so relied on the scant discharge papers and verbal medical history asked of me.

Alexander, good job you know when to say no! One can easily be encouraged by medical staff to do things that might make their lives easier...
Regarding the hospital transport, admittedly all the hospitals mum went to were all served by the London ambulance service, but the transport was arranged through the hospital Mum was going to using mum's hospital number for that particular hospital. I'm sorry you're having problems figuring out whi...
The hospice that mum was in had said they'd take unopened packs and also mum's spare catheter supplies.
I'm with Bowlingbun on this. It reminds me of a previous post on doing bladder flushouts. What you are describing is a procedure. In the hospital I expect this was done by the doctor, possibly a nurse. It's not a job that a healthcare assistant would be qualified to do and I don't think you ought to...