[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think it is very important to ensure that your mother is in the appropriate group, or floor. My experience has been that my mother found herself in a hospital bay with the vast majority of the other women having marked memory issues. The staff spent so much of their time and energies caring for th...
If Michael is still researching problems with NHS services due to Covid 19, here's another issue to add to your list! I recently had a routine stool sample tested as part of screening for bowel cancer. The result came back that a follow up appointment was warranted. The NHS said they didn't know whe...
I agree with Ajay re going out for medical reasons.

If you need to give a sample, can you ask for the gp surgery to post you a sample tube? Does the surgery have a drop box for samples or can you arrange for someone in the surgery to step outside so they can get the sample vial from you?
I was just about to post this! They are not even on the vulnerable list. Appalling.
They certainly wanted clear all the beds they could. The virus gave them the extra push to sort out all those 'bed blockers', imo.
Hi Sarah, I'm very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and your Nan during this difficult time.
Appalling treatment as hospital patients were discharged to carehomes, select committee finds. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8570051/Care-homes-suffered-appalling-errors-ministers-coronavirus-crisis-MPs-warn.html https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53574265 Do care home residents' and ...
I would contact the citizens advice bureau and Shelter for advice.
My mother had very poor eyesight and was hard of hearing at 94. She sometimes would like to listen so some music on an Alexa Echo. Music she enjoyed when she was younger.
I'd want her to go elsewhere. I'd contact social care services and also the adult safeguarding team and complain to both. Also talk to the consultant who asked you if you wanted your Nan to return to the same home. At the hospital mum was in, there was a nursing manager in the a&e who reviewed elder...