I would think that at some point, once the symptoms of the infection are minimized, the OT, social services should be offering a period of reablement care at no charge to you for up to six weeks. Have they mentioned that possibility to you?
Hardly very short notice. Indeed the agency should have notified council they couldn't fulfill their obligations days ago.
Faye, You've really done your best to notify the council and care company that you can't, and shouldn't be expected to stand in for the care company. I just wonder if the care company was testing you to see if your father could get by in a pinch, and that they have been asking other families the sam...
Hang in there. Can you phone anyone with the council and talk to them. Emails are good for documentation but perhaps the sqeaky wheel approach might get the council to sort something out faster....
Even though my mother had some savings, her care was provided by a care agency hired by the local authority. The LA then billed my mother. That worked out less expensive than my mum hiring an agency directly herself. You ought not to pay out of your pocket for your family member's care. In our case,...
I like Henrietta's idea of thrusting the vacuum cleaner into the nurses hands! See how they like it!
Bluntly, they are not there for you but for your mother. They, however, may believe YOU are there to receive their orders! You shouldn't be training the carers, nor should the district nurses expect you to perform any nursing tasks. In my experience, some district nurses are bossy and inappropriatel...
The agency is surely obligated to provide care and the council needs to ensure they contract with agencies who can. Id contact head of social services and inform them of what you've been told. I suspect the agency would really love for you to say that's ok, and give them permission to breach their c...
Agree with Honey Badger. Never mind a written apology - I see a wrongful death lawsuit on the horizon.......

My mother's local pharmacy messed up and fortunately an attentive carer caught it. Can never be too careful.
Good that you could take a nap.