Two wise responses from Melly and Elaine. I think there will always be new faces coming through the door due to turnover and staffing rosters. No assurances that things will be any different with other agencies. Mum and I preferred to get mum's self-funded care through the LA so we didn't have to wo...
You need to get outside carers from the local authority, or find a local authority -paid care home for your father. You are at breaking point, something your father doesn't accept or doesn't understand. Even with four carer visits a day, I found it draining and I wasn't working. I don't see any magi...
Shameful! I wonder if this is a directive from their US parent company HQ, Walgreens? As far as I see it, there are other pharmacies to use but many people have a relationship with their chemist and may not want to change. The NHS encourages us to get to know and consult our chemist, and now this! A...
The pharmacist told me I could have a flu shot as I was mum's carer, and then gave me one there and then.
Kim, Why not put down the names of your managers from the last two jobs you did work and the companies'phone numbers, even if they are no longer at those companies? Prospective employers hate empty spaces on the application form. Perhaps you may have a pastor who knows you well. You need to get beyo...
I know what you mean Stephen. You'd think they would know not to shove all that loo roll down the toilet in one go!
Have we really seen the £1.5 Billion recent injection stabilise anything for now? The situation is already destabilized and hard to see anything changing. Perhaps the bean-counters will sleep more easily. i remember my five nights off from caring were spent in hospital with a severe facial infection...
Sounds really gross, Stephen. Never had that problem. Carers handed me the soiled underwear, left it in the washing machine, or by its door, bagged. I agree with Melly. It's a training issue. If it's not one thing, it's another,...
Don't feel guilty Martin. It's the system. If your father took a front door key to hospital, you might consider retrieving it on your next visit.