Sorry to say that mum rarely called out loudly enough. I'd like to think that the nursing home or hospice would be aware of your gran's condition and act accordingly. xxx
PS. The hospice had remarkably good food, and a chef who would visit the patients to ask what they needed. Also good for visitors. Just a shame mum couldn't enjoy much.
My mum was at home/hospital before going to hospice. She never was in a nursing home so I have no experience of those. Once I complained and mum was transferred into the larger 4-bed room, she got the care she needed. Much more foot traffic although it was much more tranquil than a hospital bay. The...
Sound advice from BB. My mother was offered hospice at home or in a hospice. She spent 17 days in a hospice where she had 24/7 care. One thing I did find was she was originally in a private room but couldn't always get attention from the nurses when she needed them. She was then transferred to a bri...
I'd suggest asking the palliative care team for a place in hospice. Hospice would be able to look after her and explain her condition to you at this sad time.
£89 and £169 at Argos. Different models. Plus monthly data storage fee. Check for offers elsewhere. Other brands available?
A Ring doorbell would record the carers entering and exiting the front door automatically, without you having to monitor a day's worth of video, and store the video, date and time in on the internet for a small fee. I used one to monitor mum's visits and then compared the recorded times with those w...
Stephen, from what you say, your mum is being ripped off. My mum's carers often left early, especially at the tea time call but I'd say they were in the house for around 70% of the paid time, perhaps more. Certainly the morning call was a full visit. I took the stance that if they ever went over the...
It is hard to see how they keep in business. Are there big government incentives, extra top ups for carers?