Interesting post Chris. When mum had carers we reimbursed the LA based on time period allotted for care, e.g., 30 or 45 minutes a visit. I don't think the carers were paid for travel time. Also with one agency, mum had the same carer for all four visits, so the carer was putting in well over 10 hour...
Eligibilty for nhs coverage is based on residency, not citizenship.
Not sure where your MIL is right now, but my experience is that to qualify
for NHS services, you need to be a resident for 6 months.
As hard as it may seem and despite what the hospital may want, I dont think you're obliged to have your son come to live with you. Did the doctors say why your son isn't able to walk. Before he would leave hospital, it's up to the occupational therapists to assess what aids are necessary and put tho...
Very sorry for your loss.
So much for escaping to the country in retirement years. Or at the other end of scale, depressed areas. Economic market forces at play.
No wonder no police officer is available to investigate break ins if prescription payment dodgers are being interviewed at the few remaining police stations. Under this pilot program, I don't like the idea that the pharmacist should have access to information on if you're on job seekers allowance, e...
By the time you get to needing CHC aren't you more likely to be under care of hospital consultant or social services, rather than your GP, most of whom don't make home visits?