[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It is the thin end of the wedge and full credit to you for recognizing it! Now is the time to stand firm for both your husband and yourself. Social workers, hospital staff, district nurses and paid CARERS - they are all expert in assuming you will be there, do what you're told and accept the role TH...
I have the feeling that what we consider to be care costs will not match with the government's view! A white paper is supposed to be released in about a month +/-!
The lifetime cap makes me wonder exactly what is included in care costs. Specialized equipment, house adaptations, disposables (pads, wipes), respite care etc.- Just what will be allowable to count towards the lifetime cap? From what date will these costs count? Had we better start rummaging for rec...
I'm glad you joined this forum and decided to contribute your first post. You need to put your well being and that of your family first. If that means telling your father to leave then that needs to be done. Get him to look after himself and get him to use Social Services for help. I had a great rel...
Hi George, A couple of days ago I posted a question in the All About Caring section of this forum in which I asked for details of the plan. As of this morning, the post has been viewed 71 times and I have 0 responses! There's nothing much in the Bill going through Parliament, just high level governm...
Hello, I'm back after a couple of years.! Where can we find exactly what is going to happen regarding social care.? Not so much interested in media opinions as the actual details of the new Bill's proposed implementation. Does our PM or care minister know? Enquiring minds and a former unpaid carer w...
I think it is very important to ensure that your mother is in the appropriate group, or floor. My experience has been that my mother found herself in a hospital bay with the vast majority of the other women having marked memory issues. The staff spent so much of their time and energies caring for th...
If Michael is still researching problems with NHS services due to Covid 19, here's another issue to add to your list! I recently had a routine stool sample tested as part of screening for bowel cancer. The result came back that a follow up appointment was warranted. The NHS said they didn't know whe...
I agree with Ajay re going out for medical reasons.

If you need to give a sample, can you ask for the gp surgery to post you a sample tube? Does the surgery have a drop box for samples or can you arrange for someone in the surgery to step outside so they can get the sample vial from you?
I was just about to post this! They are not even on the vulnerable list. Appalling.