Grrrrrr indeed! I didn't realise they still did metal fillings.
I think they get paid for the full time of their assignment. I think some carers are worried they may not if they write in the records they've been in the home for only a few minutes. I could be wrong though. I do remember that some of mum's carers would use the care records to fill out their timeca...
Thank you for sharing this complex series of events and intricacies of the care plan, expectations and short fallings. I too would think it would take highly trained, educated staff to devise, implement such a plan and assess and document outcomes and your son's desires, preferences and choices. Jus...
HoneyBadger funny your saying how the good ones move on. Just yesterday I bumped into one of mum's bright carers who is now working at a BUPA care home. With a young son to look after, how much better must it be to do all your caring in the one place with no buses to catch between carees! I'm in Gre...
My mother and I were advised she needed doubled up care for each visit and throughout entire visit for all repositioning, transfers, even rolling over in bed, as much for the carers' health and safety as mum's! Mum was not a large lady btw. Even though I regularly got her onto the commode, used slid...
(I'll try not to repeat my post this time!). I've thought for a long time that agency carers feel they're 'caught between a rock and a hard place' when it comes to their timekeeping records. Generally, i believe, they are contracted and paid by the hour for the time spent doing the actual care, not ...
A problem with doubled up care in my experience is that the carers do not always travel and work together as a team, paired throughout the day. They have different assignments and often get around by bus or on foot. Hence one has to wait for the other to show up. The agency may stipulate that neithe...
Fingers crossed.
Thats really good news!
Sorry you're having trouble with the nutritionist. Mum was also referred when the district nurse who hadnt visited for a few months saw mum again and thought she'd lost weight. The nutritionist did recommend a few thing s, left us a sheet of tips and ordered some milk shake mixes for her. He wanted ...