Agree with bb.
A valuable study, bb. Were you able to explore potential solutions?
It's a good job there aren't any vocal frustrated spouses of social workers, paid carers and hospital staff, and ambulance drivers contributing to this forum. Imagine how the tone would change, and not for the better either! Us unpaid carers are at the bottom of the pecking order as it is, let's not...
I agree with those concerned by the toxins left behind. In 2015 my house went up in one of the many Californian wildfires. Declared a Federal disaster, the cost to clean up just around where the house had been was appox. $175,000 - just for one home! Good business for some.
I wonder why, when Amble mentioned non emergency patient transport (NEPT), did I think of the word INEPT?
Your knowledge knows no boundaries!!! Glad you posted this. It's the last thing carers need to worry about but can't be neglected.
Did the local authority carers come for the evening call? Did your father come home with discharge papers? Hope you manage to get some rest tonight. xxx
Can you inform the warden? Does your father have his doorkey with him in hospital? If he is transferred , Id phone the doctor's office, speak to out of hours doctor if necessary, and/or district nurses if he has them and complain of unsafe discharge and ask them to get him readmitted. If necessary, ...
You didn't say if you have power of attorney for your daughter. I think you have every right to visit your daughter and that ought to be a non-issue for the carers, unless it directly seriously affects their ability to care for her whilst you are there. It is very fortunate that the carers are excel...
Penny, I well remember that bit. Robbery in plain sight! When mum had carers in her home, the council arranged the care package and then the council invoiced mum. She got the council rate. Going it alone regarding care leaves you with no bargaining power - care agencies and homes seem to be free to ...