Thank you mrs average and bowling bun for the advice. Bowling bun, my social worker and LDN arranged for my brother to go in a home. (Not sure what SSD is social services department??). Yes, there are all these extra things like needs assessment etc etc, and its always an ongoing. Process, but like ...
Hello. Mrs. Average/Bowling bun et al I received the phone call from the DWP as mentioned above regarding the mobility component. I was told a lady was to ring me up this afternoon about it, and indeed, she did (came as as surprise, however) Anyway, she told me that i will be getting back pay from 1...
Very sorry to hear about the girl with cerebral palsy bowling bun. And this is my main concern, my brothers "legs". He can walk, and the home tell me they walk him about twice a day (he wears an helmet because of his sudden seizures (epilepsy) not his actual legs). Went to a "firework do tonight, an...
Hi BB Yes, he's a wheelchair user, but not exclusively. They walk my brother about a few times a day, but he needs a wheelchair to protect him from falling from epileptic seizures whilst being wheeled round the home (its a very large home) In all the years though, I've NEVER wheeled my brother at al...
Thank for the tip(s) Jenny. I always have a notepad to write things down before i make a call, and write down possible "scenarios " and how to approach them. I write down things like : 1. Last payment from you was.....(eg: July 27th) 2. Rang (3) times already so...... (what happene to the other peop...
Thanks for the info and link BB (which. Ill look at after this post). With your basketball height relatives, its like Goliath versus Goliath. I guess. ! Me? I'm just lil' old David! But was a positive outcome. ! (1 Samuel 17) The lady i Rang did end up with "now you enjoy your weekend wont you and d...
Thanks for the reply BB Ive just been on the phone to the DWP, and most certainly a better qualified lady on the other end. Basically what she told me (by memory) is that the DWP puts A SUSPENSION on funds/benefits etc until the local authorities, etc have sorted things out as my brother has been in...
Hi bowling bun, I'm going to ring the DWP up (PIP) right now (for the 4th time) and I'll get back to you when I've heard what they say. Each call hasn't had a "uniformed" tone to it, as on the second call, they said they was going to sort it out for me then call me back. They didn't. We're as the la...
Hi Mrs' Average (don't like calling you "average". Your not. :-??? My sisters been up tonight and we've discussed it, and were going to have a word with the care home itself about this top-up fee next. Week if possible. By the way, does my brothers mobility component go/count towards the home? Becau...
Hi chris. Don't know what Mr hammond's got up his sleeve this autumn, but there's been a lot of pressure RE: Universel credit Et al. Will wait and see What he does re benefits/claimants. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41590794 :-??? I'm in the red first time ever now (Exampe: £900 in £1200 out) so I'm...