[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
While I think of them, a couple of illogical routines we have to adopt... The kitchen sink is filled with water and bleach for much of the day. When I come in from the garden I am not allowed to wash my hands in the sink and have to use the sink in the toilet (touching two doors on the way). I I rin...
Frosty evening, we're sitting here in silence. Single word answers to question for most of the day, what is it with Sundays? All started when I came in from shopping. My partners fear of germs has been growing over recent months. I'd bought a pumpkin for our granddaughter who is coming to spend a co...
oooh Jenny, just noticed your earlier contributions. Hello again! Promise I'll recognise you next time and sorry to repeat myself. :blush:
Hi Jenny thanks for this. I appreciate the effect between siblings, the two were discussing were from different sides of the family though. But you are right, brothers and sisters can be a great influence. I think you will be surprised though at the spread of intellectual capability as pupils get ol...
Ok, found this... Dichotomous (Black or White) Thinking People with BPD also have a tendency to think in extremes, a phenomenon called “dichotomous” or “black-or-white” thinking. People with BPD often struggle to see the complexity in people and situations and are unable to recognize that things are...
Don't know why I found this so upsetting. We were talking about our grandchildren and she was comparing the development between two who are 6 months apart in age. She wanted to know at what age would you expect all children to have the same skills having noticed that the younger of our grandchildren...
Thanks Jenny. It's all very long story, but a bully for a dad, marriage breakup, negligent mum, victorian new dad,death of a sibling (and not being told) and getting shot all are in the mix. I used to accompany her to the doc in early days once a week and asked for therapy, doctor used to say, "what...
Thanks Callum and Oliver. Really appreciate the input. The reason I am writing these down is that I want to be more thoughtful about what I say, so your thoughts are really helpful. I've been saving them up, but my memory is so bad these days, and when I sit down to write them they've gone! The disc...
Hi Jenny Thanks for the welcome. You pose lots of question, many I have to resolve for myself over the years. This may sound a little arrogant, but I am quite centred and make sure that I have a life. In an effort to force change and break habits we sold up and bought a few acres of land and built a...
I have quite an important meeting tomorrow and have had trouble controlling my newly acquired beard. So I bought a little beard trimmer when I was out today and had a tidy-up that finished just before my partner was going to bed. Me "What do you think of my beard? Does it look any better?" Partner "...